Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Official Water Pump Replacement Campaign

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 09:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info....i guess i am lucky than...but build date in March 2010 i saw in other posts failed b4...maybe i am wrong. But so far no letter and i checked my vin in audi website and returned nothing....but i do want a free audi care though...ahahhaha
Old 03-18-2011, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jusforfun
correct. It was about a month after your car arrived before we saw arrivals with the black plastic pump housing type and the "suspect seal".
True!

I didn't get a letter for my '09 Q5 3.2L. It has a build date of 01/09 and has the aluminum housing...

Old 03-18-2011, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Nope, It IS a water pump!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Jusforfun
LOL at at its not a water pump its a coolant pump. They are so right its wrong.
As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words:
Attached Images  

Last edited by Loophole; 03-18-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL you want it both ways! Dont mix up arrival at dealer or owner with build date. It takes 4 to 6 weeks to from factory to customer.
Your car is down as arrival April 28 2010 and seems to be in the first batch that arrived with the newer alloy pump.
Its a very close call but I suspect that some of the very late plastic pump arrivals reported, were actually earlier arrivals that were in stock at dealerships and were just reported later.
Not in your case, I watched and waited with you
Old 03-19-2011, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Ben

Any News from your Dealer ?

BCD-1
Old 03-19-2011, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BCD-1
Ben

Any News from your Dealer ?

BCD-1
I've sent an email and attached a copy of that Audi USA letter yesterday to my regular SA at the dealership. I'll give him a few days to digest and discuss it with the relevant people before giving him a call next week. I know it normally takes some time before anything here in Canada were to follow suit with what happens in the US.
Will keep you all updated what I find out over here. But like I had initially mentioned, my point is to have more Canadian owners be aware of this program in the US and to put some pressure on Audi Canada to not exclude us.
My lease on this Q5 is up in <20 months. Will seriously consider a buyout with the extended 5-yrs powertrain warranty. Or apply the no-charge AudiCare onto my next Audi(I already have AudiCare on this one). A $3000 discount incentive on the next Audi veh will help too, as I'm also waiting to see how the new 2012 A6 will be like.
Where in Canada are you located, BCD-1?
Old 03-19-2011, 07:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Took my Q5 to Tischer Audi of Silver Spring yesterday morning for the water pump replacement. They set me up with a loaner to drive to work and said that they'd be filling my tank for the inconvience of having to bring the car in for the recall. Pretty sweet, as I had less than 1/4 tank. That's a $50+ fill up at today's prices!

When I went back to pick up yesterday evening, water pump was replaced, car washed and tank filled.

As usual, super service from Tischer Audi.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ben_aip
I've sent an email and attached a copy of that Audi USA letter yesterday to my regular SA at the dealership. I'll give him a few days to digest and discuss it with the relevant people before giving him a call next week. I know it normally takes some time before anything here in Canada were to follow suit with what happens in the US.
Will keep you all updated what I find out over here. But like I had initially mentioned, my point is to have more Canadian owners be aware of this program in the US and to put some pressure on Audi Canada to not exclude us.
My lease on this Q5 is up in <20 months. Will seriously consider a buyout with the extended 5-yrs powertrain warranty. Or apply the no-charge AudiCare onto my next Audi(I already have AudiCare on this one). A $3000 discount incentive on the next Audi veh will help too, as I'm also waiting to see how the new 2012 A6 will be like.
Where in Canada are you located, BCD-1?
Montreal

BCD-1
Old 03-20-2011, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Glad it seems I'm not on recall as early build date, but would have been nice to get the extended warranty like rest of the Q5's.
;-)
Old 03-21-2011, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

I verified I have the metal pump on my 2010 Q5 (build date Mar 17, 2010)

Quick Reply: Official Water Pump Replacement Campaign