Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Picked it up today (Pics!)

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 07:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone. I am going to take some better photos on Monday, in more balanced lighting.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I too didn't think the factory NAV was worth the extra cost but regretted not having the rear camera since the rear glass is so tiny. So I got the aftermarket rear camera and NAV installed. The great thing is that it's nicely integrated into the existing system. Makes for a rather clean install. People that sat in the car couldn't even tell it's an aftermarket system till I started poking at the screen.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by CinnamonQ5
I too didn't think the factory NAV was worth the extra cost but regretted not having the rear camera since the rear glass is so tiny. So I got the aftermarket rear camera and NAV installed. The great thing is that it's nicely integrated into the existing system. Makes for a rather clean install. People that sat in the car couldn't even tell it's an aftermarket system till I started poking at the screen.
Honestly, I can't park a car now without that camera. Working in combo with the side mirror dropping, I can parallel park with ease. Sedans (like the A4) I find to be particularly hard because I can't tell how long the car is and struggle with tight spots. Mainly because all the cars I've owned (other than the A4) have been hatchback or SUV. Only concern is the parking sensors - I got rear ended a few months ago (before it was even my car lol) and the first thing I thought was "OH NO THE SENSORS ARE LIKE $1500 A PIECE!" No issue tho, wasn't too hard a hit. However it was an A8 W12 that hit me, she wasn't too happy lets put it at that. (I'd post a picture but it's on my iPad lol I'll post it later).
Old 10-12-2011, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

FOUND IT
Attached Images  
Old 10-12-2011, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by woolie
Thanks everyone. I am going to take some better photos on Monday, in more balanced lighting.
Congrats on Your Q5 - pics looks like Audi commercial!
More, more, more!
Old 10-12-2011, 10:45 AM
DrV
AudiWorld Senior Member

Very nice! Congratulations and thanks for the pics!
Old 10-12-2011, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats. Those pix are awesome! Enjoy. My Q5 is on order and the anticipation in killing me!
Old 10-12-2011, 11:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

This may sound cheesy and bias, but does anyone feel that the Q5 just looks right in the sense that both the exterior/interior are well-balanced? Its neither under-done nor over-done? I've seen the newer Audi designs, particular the DRL's which are now those solid-type lines which I'm not a fan of, and ultimately decided to get the 2012 Q5 because of talks of the 2013 model undergoing changes which I'm assuming would have those solid line DRL's.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by lalanik
This may sound cheesy and bias, but does anyone feel that the Q5 just looks right in the sense that both the exterior/interior are well-balanced? Its neither under-done nor over-done? I've seen the newer Audi designs, particular the DRL's which are now those solid-type lines which I'm not a fan of, and ultimately decided to get the 2012 Q5 because of talks of the 2013 model undergoing changes which I'm assuming would have those solid line DRL's.
This may sound cheesy and bias, but does anyone ELSE feel that the Q5 just looks right in the sense that both the exterior/interior are well-balanced? Its neither under-done nor over-done?
Old 10-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Corrected: This may sound cheesy and bias, but does anyone *ELSE* feel that the Q5 just looks right in the sense that both the exterior/interior are well-balanced? Its neither under-done nor over-done?

Quick Reply: Picked it up today (Pics!)