Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

PIcs of my 2012 Daytona Grey Q5 + S-line ext and int

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 07:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PIcs of my 2012 Daytona Grey Q5 + S-line ext and int

My wife ordered her 2012 Q5 back in February/March and we've been waiting for it ever since. We ordered it with the following specs:

Daytona Grey exterior
S-Line Exterior
S-Line Interior
Black roof lining
Panoramic Roof
Fina Nappa black leather seats (they're sport seats that come standard with the S-Line interior)
20" wheels
Lighting package
Memory function for driver seat
B&O Sound System
Aluminum trimming

and a few other minor things like the first aid kit, storage package, car jack alarm etc.. you can see them in the specs list below.

I've got a few pictures of the car below but want to post some irks I've got with the car

I test drove the A1 a few days back and even though it costs half the price of my Q5 the A1 had some features I want on my q5.

1) A colored screen in the instrument cluster, I know in some countries you could upgrade to a color screen I didn't have that option. Not sure why it's not standard anyway when it is on the A1.

2) The A1 sound system had 2 SD slots

3) The A1 sound system would display album cover art

4) The A1 sound system would allow me to stream audio from my phone via bluetooth

How come I don't have those options in a Q5 that costs double the price??? Plus I've paid extra for my B&O and I'm comparing to a standard A1 stereo

Regarding the B&O I know a lot of people are disappointed with it. I'm not. I haven't heard the stock but the B&O sounds pretty good. Only issues are:

1) I wish I could push the volume even louder. It currently sounds like it's limited so that the sound doesn't distort.

2) There are a few vibrations in the car when the volume is loud. If I was Audi I would have made sure the vibrations were dampened

I'm not sure the Sline interior is worth it. The seats aren't that sporty, the paddle shifting isn't that important either. But I mostly went with the Sline interior because I could choose Daytona Grey for the exterior and brushed aluminum panels for the interior. I also got the black roof but not sure if that was an Sline online option. The Sline interior also comes standard with 19inch wheels. I opted for 20 and I think I paid the same price as if I upgraded from the standard 17 or 18. I felt ripped off with that but my wife was insisting on the 20 over the 19.

Saturday I'm going to take the car and get it tinted. Temp here in Kuwait hits 120 degrees and up easily.

Oh another little annoyance, the AC control. If you rotate the temp dial is controls the temp and displays the info in the LED next to it. If you press the temp dial it still controls the temp but now shows the numbers on the main screen. My question is why not have it control the fan when clicked? Right now I have to press the fan button and then control the strength with the temp dial. It would have been more practical to control the fan by just pressing the temp dial and rotating right away.

The best price to feature ratio from all the options I added has to be the lighting package. Cost around $300 but adds a bunch of led lights in the car like ones that light up the floor, ones under the side mirrors lighting up the ground and lights with the mirrors. Little things but makes me feel the car is a luxury one.

Overall I'm happy with the car and these are just minor irks I'm upset about because I paid a bundle and expect in return a bundle.

If anyone needs any specific shot of anything or any information on any of the extra features i have just ask and I'll help you out. I know how hard it is to find pictures of info on certain options that aren't common.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

very nice!. love the color
Wish we had the choice of picking the 2.0 with the s-line interior/exterior here in the US
Old 09-09-2011, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Congrats on your new Q5! The Daytona Gray with black interior combo is spectacular. I know from my time in Qatar and Dubai just how hot it can get over there. And then there's the sand. And the bad drivers. And the traffic circles. Good luck with the car, hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine over the past 9 months.

Last edited by S4forDC; 09-09-2011 at 08:59 AM.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Interesting that your audio controls are on the dash - is that because of the B&O system or is that the way it is in non-US models?

FYI, my non-B&O system does have 2 SD slots as you indicated you do not have and that the A1 had. Again, might be US-spec.

Love the seats - only thing I really am disappointed with our Q5 - non S-line seats are a little flat to me.

Love the steering wheel - got to find one of these aftermarket.

Good luck - gorgeous ride!
Old 09-09-2011, 09:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

On our USA one, if you get navigation, the second LCD is color.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by usurp

I test drove the A1 a few days back and even though it costs half the price of my Q5 the A1 had some features I want on my q5.

1) A colored screen in the instrument cluster, I know in some countries you could upgrade to a color screen I didn't have that option. Not sure why it's not standard anyway when it is on the A1.

2) The A1 sound system had 2 SD slots

3) The A1 sound system would display album cover art

4) The A1 sound system would allow me to stream audio from my phone via bluetooth

How come I don't have those options in a Q5 that costs double the price??? Plus I've paid extra for my B&O and I'm comparing to a standard A1 stereo
I think 1, 2 and maybe 3 would be on your car if you had ordered the NAV with MMI 3G. Did the A1 you test drove have the NAV package?

Nice looking car, BTW. Daytona looks great!
Old 09-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The A1 I drove had a Nav button on the stereo but when I clicked it I got the error message that Nav is not installed.

Q5Dawg: Do you have the Nav system?
Old 09-09-2011, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Love that color. And those seats, I'm in love!! Congrats!!
Old 09-09-2011, 09:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

If you would of got Nav you would of got the SD card slots. I don't even see the Audi Music Interface of your spec list. Which would give you a few more options for music.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The audi music interface is a standard option here plus they threw in the iPod connector cable for free with the car. I have the concert stereo, only other option was the symphony which is like the concert except has a built in 6 cd changer. Under the center arm rest I also have a phone adapter that's standard. I can hook up my iPhone there and have it charge plus it would use the car's antenna for reception.

My guess is that the stereo that comes with the navigation system would add the extra SD slot. Not sure if the other things I mentioned the A1 had also work with the nav system. I didn't even consider the nav package since it added literally $4,000 to the price. I'm getting a cheap $90 garmin nav screen for the car and will hide it in the glove compartment and just use it when I get lost or need to find a place. Nav really isn't worth 4,000 for me

Quick Reply: PIcs of my 2012 Daytona Grey Q5 + S-line ext and int