Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Please help - Water in gas tank- A lot of water.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 118 Likes on 100 Posts

Yeah Redd you're spot on in your summation of the ethanol scam.Here in Canada it's slowly weaseled its way into our distribution system.You've got to buy Shell premium if you want assurance that you're not getting "corn oil" P.....d me off when I had a 3.0L gas engine but now I'm running a diesel and all is well.For whatever reason our's is <reg,gas and we sure don't have any silly Biodiesel in my neck of the woods.
Old 12-01-2016, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Redd, I truly am trying not to get started about the unintended consequences of the introduction of ethanol and the diversion of food crops (primarily corn) to its production. The over simplified short version is: the farmer, big agriculture (Cargil, Archer Daniels, and others)and its lobby thought only of the increase in commodity prices with the introduction of another market or use for its grain crops. Of no concern was an inferior fuel product and untold misery in related hunger in developing countries faced with the increased price due to a now limited supply of food grains. Think of it, we are taking a major food and feed grain source for a large percentage of the world population and turning it, diverting it, into a type of fuel resulting in an increase in world hunger among other unwanted byproducts. The government required use of the inferior ethanol continues due to the farm state legislatures having only one primary purpose, to get reelected period. If that means kowtowing to the farm lobby, so be it. All the rest of the state legislatures go along due to their need for the farm state support in their pet areas of business supported federal funds and regulations so they can in turn get reelected. And so it goes. PS I am not bitter or one sided, I only have an opinion. Incidentally, I was directly involved in raising cotton, wheat, and soybeans from the mid 1970s to the mid 1990s as worker, manager, and finally small farm owner until going bust in mid 1990s. Even with subsidies and favorable legislation, farming is not a sure thing, only a necessary thing that somebody do it. Wil