Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Process of signing up for Audi Care (after initial car purchase)

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Process of signing up for Audi Care (after initial car purchase)

Can anybody share with me the process for signing up with Audi Care after you originally bought your car? Is it something you can do on the phone or at the time of service (15k), or is it something where you have to go in, fill out paperwork, it takes a week to process, etc...?

Thanks!
Old 11-02-2011, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was told I would have to ask for it by the time the first service came around.

But after thinking about it when I was deciding my options I just had them include with the purchase price.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I got it when I took the car in for the 5k maintenance. There wasn't any paperwork really, and all I signed was the credit card receipt if I remember right. Proof of purchase was a printout from their system that showed I had it. I didn't see anything that could not be done over the phone.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

I too purchased the Audi Care the 1st day when I got my Q ... I did recieve a printout/copy of what was included in each scheduled service visit for my own self to know and estimate the cost being really worth it (since I was not planning to do any at home maintence i.e. oil changes, filters, etc. it was a better deal for me); aside from the service copy no other paperwork to recall.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

adding to the OP:

When buying separately from the vehicle, do you buy Audi Care from your salesman or the service department? Are there ever discounts or price differences from one dealer to the next? Are any dealerships known to sell it for a discount via the web, this forum, etc.?
Thanks.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 209 Likes on 172 Posts

Also, Audicare is connected to the car not the car owner. Our A4 Cab we bought CPO has Audicare from the previous original owner.
AOA or any dealer can tell if a used car has Audicare with just a VIN.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by georgehf
adding to the OP:

When buying separately from the vehicle, do you buy Audi Care from your salesman or the service department? Are there ever discounts or price differences from one dealer to the next? Are any dealerships known to sell it for a discount via the web, this forum, etc.?
Thanks.
Bought it from the sales manager. I believe they do have discretion on how much to sell it. Didn't get a discount unfortunately.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

From what I can see, no discounts. Believe me I tryed.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

I had the 5k service done today and asked about audi care, service rep told me i can buy it at 15k no problem, and it's $800.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks everybody. I had one dealership tell me I had to come in and sounded 'weird' when I asked if I could do it over the phone or at the time of service.

I emailed another dealer and they took care of the whole thing via email in just minutes. And another dealer said no problem, I could come in and do it at the time of my next service, and that as long as the paperwork was signed, they would do the service.

Not sure why that first dealer wanted me to come in separately and said it took 1-2 weeks to process before I could then get service done. Very odd...

Quick Reply: Process of signing up for Audi Care (after initial car purchase)