Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5 Exit assist

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2022, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Q5 Exit assist

2022 Q5 S Line 45 with power seats and drivers memory buttons. With this seat and selecting Exit assist on the MMI shouldn't the seat move back and down to make it easier to get in and out of the vehicle? all that moves is the steering wheel. I am sure that when I first purchased the car the seat also moved. At first check they told me I needed a new controller or some new part. then after a month I brought back to see when the part would be in. they told me now after looking at it one more time and keeping it all day that it did not have the option. Is this true? with the power seats , heated, vented seats and all the memory functions. I think when it stops working they are telling me its not an option.But if its not an option why is it available to select in the MMI?
Anybody? I had similar questions about the lane assist..early and late detection.. but here the MMI didn't offer those selections so I agreed that it was not optional..just late detection . How can you tell when you buy a car that these functions are available or not?
Old 02-19-2022, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 172 Likes on 151 Posts

Wrong forum. Your 2022 Q5 is a MK II platform, so you should post your question on the correct forum for more pertinent replies.
Old 09-24-2022, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Q5 technik s Line

Originally Posted by Qnardacci
2022 Q5 S Line 45 with power seats and drivers memory buttons. With this seat and selecting Exit assist on the MMI shouldn't the seat move back and down to make it easier to get in and out of the vehicle? all that moves is the steering wheel. I am sure that when I first purchased the car the seat also moved. At first check they told me I needed a new controller or some new part. then after a month I brought back to see when the part would be in. they told me now after looking at it one more time and keeping it all day that it did not have the option. Is this true? with the power seats , heated, vented seats and all the memory functions. I think when it stops working they are telling me its not an option.But if its not an option why is it available to select in the MMI?
Anybody? I had similar questions about the lane assist..early and late detection.. but here the MMI didn't offer those selections so I agreed that it was not optional..just late detection . How can you tell when you buy a car that these functions are available or not?
Audi
Old 09-24-2022, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same problem I have been to the dealer two times and they keep telling me the option did not exist I bought the car in March and the option was there after a system update the seat stop doing the easy exit option. If some one can help since the dealer is not finding the problem.
Originally Posted by Pily
Audi
Old 09-24-2022, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 522 Likes on 357 Posts

As mentioned, you should probably ask that this be moved to the MKII section so the responses are more relevant. For basic info you can look at standard features for your trim level plus any added option packages. If you did not buy new, your Audi dealer will probably pull the window sticker info for you. For more specific information, look for a sticker with your PR codes. You can search online to decode those and get additional details about your installed features.

I don't know where the PR code sticker is on the Q5. In my RS it was in the spare tire well.

Good luck with your search for answers.