Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5 Glacier White? Same as Bentley Glacier White?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q5 Glacier White? Same as Bentley Glacier White?

Hello everyone. Excited to join the Q5 family soon.

I want to order a Q5 but am torn between the glacier white and ibis white. Tough to tell with pictures. There doesnt seem to be a delaership in Florida that has a glacier white (of any model)....and none will be getting any in for another 4-6 weeks.

We do have a Bentley dealership in town that seems to have one in Glacier White. Is that the same color? Same paint code?

Thanks in advance....

Jason
Old 08-21-2011, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

The bentley glacier white doesn't seem to have any metallic flakes. Hmmmm

They do have a color called ice which looks like the glacier white color pallette at Audi.

Sooooo confused!!
Old 08-21-2011, 10:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by g8tor20
The bentley glacier white doesn't seem to have any metallic flakes. Hmmmm

They do have a color called ice which looks like the glacier white color pallette at Audi.

Sooooo confused!!
What are you expect?
You expect that the car that costs $ 200,000 is the same color as the car of $ 40,000 - really funny

Last edited by spijun; 08-21-2011 at 11:28 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by spijun
What are you expect?
You expect that the car that costs $ 200,000 is the same color as the car of $ 40,000 - really funny
First off, I didn't think it was a leap of faith that another vehicle under the same parent company could have the same paint color...especially when it's the exact same f'in name.

Secondly, there have been some posts on this forum suggesting they are the same color. A post such as this:

"I belive it's the same color as the Bentley "glacier white" (both cars being made by VAG and everything)."

And finally, if you do not anticipate helping with an informative or beneficial post, I would rather you not open your smart *** next time and just your merry way.

Thanks...
Old 08-22-2011, 04:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

As soon as I saw spijun had commented, I knew it was going to be worthless...

The Bentley paint code for Glacier White is LA9B, but when I cross match it to Volkswagen/ Audi colors that code is called Cool White.

I would just try to call a paint shop and see if you can find out the code of the Audi Glacier White. The one in my hometown will let you look through there paint chip books by manufacturer, maybe in your town they will do the same.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Stuttgartrob

The Bentley paint code for Glacier White is LA9B, but when I cross match it to Volkswagen/ Audi colors that code is called Cool White.

I would just try to call a paint shop and see if you can find out the code of the Audi Glacier White. The one in my hometown will let you look through there paint chip books by manufacturer, maybe in your town they will do the same.
Thank you for taking the time to check. I figured they were different when I didn't see any metallic flakes in it. I have read that the Audi GW doesn't have very much in terms of flakes but the Bentley seemed to have none.

Last night, however, I did get a call that a dealership about an hour away just received an S5 with the Audi Glacier White. Going to run down there and check it out.

Thanks again for your help....
Old 08-22-2011, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Comment from a person who is lying to the car ordered and waited a year for delivery in Germany is really unnecessary
You until you come to Europe did not know that there is Audi, which I drive 20 years
For your information the car brand Bentley is made by hand and special painting techniques and do not use the same color as the Audi.
When you are so smart why is the Audi extra charges 2250EUR for Granatrot or Misano Red Metallic
Paint code for Audi Glacier White S9R 2Y

Old 08-22-2011, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by spijun
Comment from a person who is lying to the car ordered and waited a year for delivery in Germany is really unnecessary
You until you come to Europe did not know that there is Audi, which I drive 20 years
For your information the car brand Bentley is made by hand and special painting techniques and do not use the same color as the Audi.
When you are so smart why is the Audi extra charges 2250EUR for Granatrot or Misano Red Metallic
Paint code for Audi Glacier White S9R 2Y

I really don't know if you just wake up pissed off at the world and think you can come on public forums and put people down to make yourself feel better or what.
I was actually helping the guy instead of throwing out worthless comments about the $200,000 car vs. the price of the Q5. Would that really have been hard for you to say they are two different numbers?

I'm not really going to comment on your first response since your English doesn't make sense to me. I just know I've known about Audi since I was little so there goes some more worthless comments from you.

Thanks for some input for once spijun, hell really hasn't froze over...
Old 08-22-2011, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I really don't know if you just wake up pissed off at the world and think you can come on public forums and put people down to make yourself feel better or what.
I was actually helping the guy instead of throwing out worthless comments about the $200,000 car vs. the price of the Q5. Would that really have been hard for you to say they are two different numbers?

I'm not really going to comment on your first response since your English doesn't make sense to me. I just know I've known about Audi since I was little so there goes some more worthless comments from you.

Thanks for some input for once spijun, hell really hasn't froze over...
You have witty comments.
It is silly to compare the Audi color with Bentley color
How can you just think that Bentley uses the same color as the Audi. Do you know which class of car Bentley. This is the biggest nonsense I have heard in my life
Also to say that Ferrari (price min.200.000EUR ) and the Fiat Panda (price max. 12.000EUR) have the same color
Old 08-22-2011, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Spijun....You are one sour individual. Not sure why you take pleasure in putting down others but whatever gets you through your day.

I understand Bentley / Ferrari get the five-star treatment as well as like 3 coats of paint and 2 coats of lacquer, etc, etc.

But I respectfully disagree with your assertion that Audi would never use the same color that is being used by their sister company just because of class level.

With that said....and whether I am right or wrong, I'm done debating with you. You are not worth another second of my day.

I will, however, thank Rob again for his time. It's people like you that make these forums fun AND informative.

Quick Reply: Q5 Glacier White? Same as Bentley Glacier White?