Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5: how to make it better

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Q5: how to make it better

What would you do to make the Q5 better or more luxurious?

• One competitor offers front seats that are both heated and air conditioned! On a hot day, with the press of a button the perforated seats emit cool air on your back and bum. I have sampled this and it is nice!

• The Q5 deserves a full sized spare tire that is indistinguishable from from the other four--not a flat donut. Many car makers (with smaller vehicles) include a full size spare. An SUV/Crossover class vehicle should as well.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello BayGM

Originally Posted by BayGBM
One competitor offers front seats that are both heated and air conditioned! On a hot day, with the press of a button the perforated seats emit cool air on your back and bum. I have sampled this and it is nice!
The Q5 is available Climate-controlled comfort seats (option code: PS8); I believe that if you were to custom build your Q5 and willing to wait 3 months for delivery, this option should be available also in USA. By the way...I have this option in my Q5...and (now that everything is working perfectly) it's great! Even when the car has been sitting in the sun for many hours, once you enter the car and turn on the seat ventilation, seats take less than 30 seconds to cool off completely.

The Q5 deserves a full sized spare tire that is indistinguishable from from the other four--not a flat donut. Many car makers (with smaller vehicles) include a full size spare. An SUV/Crossover class vehicle should as well.
I totally agree...!
Old 05-28-2009, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Patarix
Hello BayGM

The Q5 is available Climate-controlled comfort seats (option code: PS8); I believe that if you were to custom build your Q5 and willing to wait 3 months for delivery, this option should be available also in USA. By the way...I have this option in my Q5...and (now that everything is working perfectly) it's great! Even when the car has been sitting in the sun for many hours, once you enter the car and turn on the seat ventilation, seats take less than 30 seconds to cool off completely.

Does anyone in the USA have this feature on their Q5? I asked about it and was told it is not available... that it might be "coming soon." If you have it, how much did it cost?
Old 05-28-2009, 08:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It is part of the "Luxury" option package available for (Prestige only) 2010 orders.

I am a bit put out that they have an expensive package like prestige and yet still have things to rack up more $$$ to add on. You cannot even get access to certain options, such as the luxury package, without first having paid for the Prestige upgrade.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Biggest current fault with the car is no way to get factory installed backup sensors (or camera) without paying $2500 for the Nav pkg.
Audi's high "beltline" and dark tint windows mean I give my wife about a month before she backs into something and damages the fragile painted bumper cover or integral light strip!
Old 05-28-2009, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Cavalier
It is part of the "Luxury" option package available for (Prestige only) 2010 orders.

I am a bit put out that they have an expensive package like prestige and yet still have things to rack up more $$$ to add on. You cannot even get access to certain options, such as the luxury package, without first having paid for the Prestige upgrade.
I have noticed that a lot of luxury car makers do this: in addition to charging you a luxury price they turn and and nickel and dime you to death with any and every option/feature. This is annoying and it is a sure fire way to turn off (potential) customers. I seem to recall when Infiniti first came on the scene they offered a couple of their cars equipped with every feature they offered. There were no options you could order because the car already came with them and there was just one price.

A-la-carte pricing is welcome in some places; I don’t mind it on airlines for example. I don’t want to pay for things I don’t need such as the weight of an extra checked bag, but nickel and diming people who are already paying a luxury price for a luxury vehicle is offensive.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

What would you do to make the Q5 better or more luxurious?

• One competitor offers front seats that are both heated and air conditioned! On a hot day, with the press of a button the perforated seats emit cool air on your back and bum. I have sampled this and it is nice!

• The Q5 deserves a full sized spare tire that is indistinguishable from from the other four--not a flat donut. Many car makers (with smaller vehicles) include a full size spare. An SUV/Crossover class vehicle should as well.

It is a space saver spare that needs to be inflated, but let me assure you it is a full size spare once inflated. I had to use it, and it was the same size as the other tires.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by FitzLA
It is a space saver spare that needs to be inflated, but let me assure you it is a full size spare once inflated. I had to use it, and it was the same size as the other tires.
We know that. The point is it is not a fully inflated spare indistinguishable from the other four. If makers of much smaller cars can include a full and inflated spare tire there is no excuse for a luxury utility vehicle to use a "space saver spare" that needs to be inflated.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

We know that. The point is it is not a fully inflated spare indistinguishable from the other four. If makers of much smaller cars can include a full and inflated spare tire there is no excuse for a luxury utility vehicle to use a "space saver spare" that needs to be inflated.
Gee, forgive me sir.

Whatever the case may be, it's a small thing to care about. But keep complaining. Should make you feel great about the car.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by FitzLA
Gee, forgive me sir.

Whatever the case may be, it's a small thing to care about. But keep complaining. Should make you feel great about the car.

Quick Reply: Q5: how to make it better