Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5 traffic Sirius

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Q5 traffic Sirius

Does anybody if the Q5's traffic report function on the navi needs a Sirius subscription in order to work. Our subscription is about to expire and we are wondering if we need subscript in order to continue to recieve the traffic reports.

Thanks
Old 11-20-2009, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes it requires sirius data subscription.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

When you say "data subscription" do you mean a special package in addition to Sirius Everything or is the data feed included in the Sirus Everything package at $12.95/month?

Originally Posted by bayridgeguy
Yes it requires sirius data subscription.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Sirius subscription was turned off months ago, and my traffic info still works, both on the map and the traffic data
Old 11-20-2009, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by refthimos
When you say "data subscription" do you mean a special package in addition to Sirius Everything or is the data feed included in the Sirus Everything package at $12.95/month?
Not sure if it is included or not..i know that it costs about 5 bucks for the data feed. my traffic went out when my sirius expired after 3 month. sirius traffic is not worth it for me. i live in NYC and traffic jams happen too often that 90% of the time the traffic info on the car is outdated...
Old 11-20-2009, 06:11 PM
DrV
AudiWorld Senior Member

Sirius radio is nice and convenient, but I can live without it, I have loads of music on my iPod. I'm letting my subscription expire at the end of Nov but just as a matter of interest, what is the subscription cost? I'd possibly consider it at $50 per year, but no more.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

I think that sometimes they offer promotional pricing at like 7.95 a month or something...otherwise it is a bit more than 10$ a month. correct me if i am wrong. too lazy to check dig through their website...
Old 11-21-2009, 10:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by The G Man
Does anybody if the Q5's traffic report function on the navi needs a Sirius subscription in order to work. Our subscription is about to expire and we are wondering if we need subscript in order to continue to recieve the traffic reports.

Thanks
It depends. Some have reported in an earlier thread that when their subscription lapsed, so did their traffic. My subscription lapsed in June and I still get traffic updates. I am not convinced that the traffic service is from Sirius because it has TMC on the page. TMC is an FM service, not satellite.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just renwed my Sirius at $12.95/mo. Traffic should be an extra $3 per month but they said I get 12 months free traffic with the Q5. This is probably why some report the traffic continues working.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bayridgeguy
I think that sometimes they offer promotional pricing at like 7.95 a month or something...otherwise it is a bit more than 10$ a month. correct me if i am wrong. too lazy to check dig through their website...
I just renewed my subscription with Sirius for $77 a year. I told them I wanted a better price than the $142 or so a year they sent to me to renew. Ask to speak to someone in the "billing" department. It was a 1/2 price promo. Worked out to be a total of $88 with taxes and access fees. C/S people are not able to give you the promo price.

Quick Reply: Q5 traffic Sirius