Recently picked up a 2014 SQ5 - AudiWorld Forums

Notices
Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Recently picked up a 2014 SQ5

Reply

 
 
Old 09-03-2015, 11:38 PM
  #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Dudealicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 87
Default Recently picked up a 2014 SQ5

She's only got 10,000 on the clock and original owner just didn't want her any more. Go figure. So good for me!

Love it so far but I'm hating the clearance between the tire and well. A bunch of research showed me an easy (and fairly cheap) fix is H&R lowering springs. Correct? Since it's a TDI I've found that part # 29001-2 is right for this vehicle. Then again, there was so much discussion about how the -1 worked for some and the -3 worked for others. I'm just wondering has anyone here installed the -2 on their TDI with happy results? I realize it's only a < $300 investment but I just don't want to deal with returns etc...

I did a full interior LED swap and it surprisingly took less than 20 min to finish and completely changes the look and feel.

She goes in to Audi tomorrow for a free "hardware" upgrade. I guess they're swapping out the slow-*** 3G for 4G LTE. I'll report back with speed improvements if at all noticeable. Can't see how it won't.

Any other "mods" I should consider but just don't know about?
Thanks for any help
Bob

Dudealicious is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 02:22 AM
  #2
AudiWorld Member
 
andrios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chicago Suburbs
Posts: 138
Default

Originally Posted by Dudealicious View Post
She's only got 10,000 on the clock and original owner just didn't want her any more. Go figure. So good for me!

Love it so far but I'm hating the clearance between the tire and well. A bunch of research showed me an easy (and fairly cheap) fix is H&R lowering springs. Correct? Since it's a TDI I've found that part # 29001-2 is right for this vehicle. Then again, there was so much discussion about how the -1 worked for some and the -3 worked for others. I'm just wondering has anyone here installed the -2 on their TDI with happy results? I realize it's only a < $300 investment but I just don't want to deal with returns etc...

I did a full interior LED swap and it surprisingly took less than 20 min to finish and completely changes the look and feel.

She goes in to Audi tomorrow for a free "hardware" upgrade. I guess they're swapping out the slow-*** 3G for 4G LTE. I'll report back with speed improvements if at all noticeable. Can't see how it won't.

Any other "mods" I should consider but just don't know about?
Thanks for any help
Bob

Congrats man!

Look at getting ross tech cable for some cool mods.

When did Audi announce free hardware upgrade?
andrios is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 05:33 AM
  #3
AudiWorld Member
 
NorthValley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Santiago de Chile
Posts: 536
Default

So is it a petrol SQ5 as sold in the US or a 3.0 TDI? Or did you snag a diesel SQ5 from Europe? Enjoy the car, whatever it is!
NorthValley is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 06:09 AM
  #4
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
scrmorling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 867
Default

Congrats on the new wheels. However, I think NorthValley is on to something: it doesn't look like an SQ5's brakes. Steve
scrmorling is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 06:20 AM
  #5
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 368
Default

Originally Posted by scrmorling View Post
Congrats on the new wheels. However, I think NorthValley is on to something: it doesn't look like an SQ5's brakes. Steve
Congrats on the new Q! But as said before, don't think the SQ5 came with the black optics package in '14. You mean you got a S line Q5?
jbbarrette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 06:24 AM
  #6
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 99
Default

Looks like you got a '14 Q5 TDI S-Line and NOT an SQ5. Let us know how the 3G to 4G LTE swap goes because I didn't think that was possible (well actually I guess anything is with $$$)

As for H&R 29001-2 on a TDI...




dadizon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 07:42 AM
  #7
AudiWorld Member
 
Buckwheat2088's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: VA
Posts: 268
Default

Great looking Q5, but like others said...it's not the SQ5. Just has S-Line package.
Buckwheat2088 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 08:24 AM
  #8
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,620
Default

Originally Posted by andrios View Post
Congrats man!

Look at getting ross tech cable for some cool mods.

When did Audi announce free hardware upgrade?
I had the hardware upgrade 4 or 5 weeks ago.
Q5 Bob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 09:26 AM
  #9
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Dudealicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 87
Default

Yeah, that was a typo in the title. Meant to say it's a S-Line Q5 3.0 TDI. For some reason I couldn't find a way to edit anything once submit was pressed.

Don't think an official announcement about the hardware upgrade was ever made. I called Audi Connect to be, well, connected and she told me I was eligible for a hardware upgrade. She then told me to call my local dealer and they'll make it happen. I'll see how it goes.
Dudealicious is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 10:45 AM
  #10
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Cadx6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 775
Default

Might want to check out the posts in another thread https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...rrier-2883212/.
The hardware change to accommodate the T-Mobile system "upgrade" was well publicized by letters from both T-Mobile and Audi to affected customers. It does not change your carrier from T-Mobile to AT&T and it does not upgrade from 3G to 4G. It does however, keep you from being downgraded to 2G.
Cadx6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
hardipk5
Audi 90 / 80 / Coupe quattro / Cabriolet
17
11-24-2015 04:42 AM
DenverAudiQ7
Q7 Discussion
8
10-01-2015 08:38 PM
Hadrian
2.0T FSI Discussion
1
09-16-2015 11:59 AM
bagsformom
Q7 Discussion
2
09-11-2015 08:43 AM
Optimusglen
A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion
0
09-08-2015 07:57 AM

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:35 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: