Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Reverse camera w/o nav kit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 05:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reverse camera w/o nav kit?

Hello, new user on here. We purchased a '13 Premium+ 2.0t. It came bare minimum for the package. Doesn't have the sensors on front or rear bumper. The radio screen in plain orange, nothing special. I'm looking to find an affordable kit to install a reverse camera. I tried to google, but a lot of them talk about kits for those that already have a colored screen.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 210 Likes on 172 Posts

If your display is the same or better than previous non-nav display it is color and works well with xcarlink and others. People connect cameras and nav that works well with the non nav display.
Old 07-13-2013, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

There are lots of options. The screen in your car has high enough resolution to do this. Here's the kit I'm looking at:

http://www.jemkosystems.com/factory-...r-audi-q5.html

Here is a walk through showing the installation for a system similar to Jemko. At the bottom of the page, there is a demo of what it looks like on screen after installation. http://12vsupport.blogspot.com/2013/...a-install.html

Also, read through this thread to here more about the Jemko system from someone who contacted their sales team: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=28
Old 07-13-2013, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by svt3565
Hello, new user on here. We purchased a '13 Premium+ 2.0t. It came bare minimum for the package. Doesn't have the sensors on front or rear bumper. ....
That's strange! ... we purchased the '13 Prem+ 3.0T non-NAV, and ours came with rear proximity sensors and 'beep-beep' warning(?)
Old 07-13-2013, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rarewolf
That's strange! ... we purchased the '13 Prem+ 3.0T non-NAV, and ours came with rear proximity sensors and 'beep-beep' warning(?)
I think it must be a Canadian spec thing, because I expected this on mine also but I can assure you, mine doesn't have them either.

#disappointed
Old 07-15-2013, 01:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

That's correct, I have no proximity sensors, or beeb beeb. No Nav either. Just your plain jane 2.0T Premium plus. I think because we bought through the military sales, it's eisier to mark the price down for military.
Blackace, thank you tons!!! That's exactly the type of kit I was looking for. Very affordable, even works with NON-nav screens, and great plug and play directions. That is exactly what I was looking for.
Did you buy and install the kit already? I'm ready to buy here real soon. And the fact it works when you put it into reverse has me sold on it right away.
Does the camera get in the way of the trunk push button to raise the back? Just out of curiousity.
Now, I'm looking for some Q5 S-line rims to paint black, and black everything else out. Any tips?
Thanks everyone for the quick replys and help.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Plus this kit comes with a input for front night vision camera??!
Anyone venture into this mod on ours that wasn't equiped?
Old 07-16-2013, 09:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ordered the backup kit through these guys. I had a chat with them too. Talking about the DVD that just plugs right in to display on the screen, and if you put 2 headrest screens for the back, those all play together too.
He also said that they will have a GPS coming out that plugs right into this system and displays on the non MMI Q5s. I can imagine it's pricy, but a well.
I can't wait to get it now! Thanks guys for this help.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi,

Did you get this installed yet? I think I want to order the Jemko system, too. I'm having a tough time gaging the rear distance while parallel parking and I'll have to do it often living in nyc. Did you get the module that turns the line as you turn the wheel in reverse?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by svt3565
Ordered the backup kit through these guys. I had a chat with them too. Talking about the DVD that just plugs right in to display on the screen, and if you put 2 headrest screens for the back, those all play together too.
He also said that they will have a GPS coming out that plugs right into this system and displays on the non MMI Q5s. I can imagine it's pricy, but a well.
I can't wait to get it now! Thanks guys for this help.
Did you receive and install it yet? If so, how do you like the picture quality? I have the factory backup cam and absolutely hate the picture quality. It's fuzzy and blurry compared to the IS250 I had which had a nice and clear picture. I'd like to upgrade my camera unit if possible.

Quick Reply: Reverse camera w/o nav kit?