Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Scratched my baby today...

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 02:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scratched my baby today...

I Scratched my 2 months old black sline this morning while i trying to back into a VERY small garage....but it was my fault not to pay little more attention to it. The damages were not as bad as i first reacted....i was like F&$#^#@.......there were 3 scratch spots..kinda deep and took the paint off ...i quickly went over to a local audi dealer and get my touch up paint....SEEMS to work okay...can't really tell unless u go very very close to the car. Asked the local auto shop...repainted it....$300 hahahha and it is not worth to it and i lived in NYC....so..maybe more to come...still....it hurts me...badly...hope this is the last time......
Old 07-01-2010, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ookila
I Scratched my 2 months old black sline this morning while i trying to back into a VERY small garage....but it was my fault not to pay little more attention to it. The damages were not as bad as i first reacted....i was like F&$#^#@.......there were 3 scratch spots..kinda deep and took the paint off ...i quickly went over to a local audi dealer and get my touch up paint....SEEMS to work okay...can't really tell unless u go very very close to the car. Asked the local auto shop...repainted it....$300 hahahha and it is not worth to it and i lived in NYC....so..maybe more to come...still....it hurts me...badly...hope this is the last time......
hmm, we like pictures!
Old 07-01-2010, 02:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ookila
Ouch..i am sure it hurts! sorry to hear that. The pundits on the forum can share their expert opinion on what to do next but hopefully it is not too bad. My parking spots are a little tricky in my downtown apartment garage too but the parking guidance system is very helpful for me. Good luck!
Old 07-01-2010, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Oh, it hurts for sure - especially the first one. Yes, se what can be done without spending $300.00. Living/driving/parking in and around NYC, for someone who is meticulous about their car, can be a nightmare.
Last Saturday when I went to work, I went to my gararge and dropped my car off. There was a new guy on (spoke almsot no English) but I told him to make sure they keep my car (Q7) on the ground level. (This is because underground parking is so tight, they leave your windows open and literaly climb through the windows to enter your car because the cars are so parked so closely together, they can't opon the doors. True story). Hence I insist that it be kept upstairs where there is enough room.
Anyhow, moments later I realized that I forgot my labcoat. Ok, guess what? That dope drove it downstairs. The other guy says, "ok, hop in this car (older Lexus RX 350), I'll drive you down, and bring up your car". Ok, sounds good and I get in the Lexus and this guy is rounding the curves like he's Mario Andretti, honkin' that horn as he's going. I get out of the Lexus, he proceeds to park that Lexus, puts it in reverse and bangs in to the other parked car. Not a bang that would result in major damage, but there had to be a ping/ding in both cars. Did not seem to phase him at al.
Parking in NYC is a crap shoot, so take all needed precautions, examine your car before and after coming out of the garage.
Anyhow, hopefully you can get it lookin' almost as good as new soon.

Bob
Old 07-01-2010, 03:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by bob m
...I get out of the Lexus, he proceeds to park that Lexus, puts it in reverse and bangs in to the other parked car. Not a bang that would result in major damage, but there had to be a ping/ding in both cars. Did not seem to phase him at al.

Bob
Sheesh Bob, seeing what you just saw and knowing your car is there with these guys, how can you concentrate on your work .
Old 07-01-2010, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Dog
Sheesh Bob, seeing what you just saw and knowing your car is there with these guys, how can you concentrate on your work .
Oh, MOST the guys know me and take good care and they know I am very mindful and careful about my car.I sure do worry though. Never the less, I hear horror stories from co-workers about damages you wouldn't believe.

Bob
Old 07-02-2010, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Ahhhh, life in New York City, I must say I dont miss it at all.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default New pics.....and some scratches

Finally got some pictures to show......but it is 2 pictures of my scrtaches....
Attached Images      
Old 07-02-2010, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

i wouldn't worry about the scratch too much....i'm more concerned about those hideous NY plates, i'm so glad i still got my Blue & White Empires. These Gold Blue craps are disgusting and plain
Old 07-02-2010, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Coolieman1220
i wouldn't worry about the scratch too much....i'm more concerned about those hideous NY plates, i'm so glad i still got my Blue & White Empires. These Gold Blue craps are disgusting and plain
+1

now we are stuck with this ugly design for i think 6 or 8 years?

Quick Reply: Scratched my baby today...