Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Should I pull the trigger on 21" Atturo Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 21" Atturos

I have had them for about 20K - they've worn well on my SQ5, but have gotten a little more noisy as they wear down. I am not an aggressive driver but I will buy them again when it comes time to replace.
Old 11-25-2017, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by shark115
What size are those and how many miles do they have on them? If you do a You Tube search on Atturo AZ850 you will see a bunch of owners who are very happy, and you are the first one I've heard of that has had a problem. Of course that does not help you. After 34k miles mine are wearing very evenly, and as I said I expect to get another season out of them.
They were 295/35/21's, had them for about 6k miles. I had light feathering on the shoulders, took them in for a Road Force balance since I doubt the dealer that put them on did and after 2 back to back roadtrips I stopped into Audi for an alignment check and A/C work; when I got a call about "how long ago I had them balanced" and "did I notice the inner shoulders". So there went more money going for the Conti DSWs!

Just tossing this up as a heads up. Tires usually are pretty black and white, with owners never having issues or catching them all at once.
Old 11-28-2017, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I guess this is early adaptor theory. Try them now while they are priced much cheaper than the competition, if you like them you're getting a great deal, if not you go back to the more costly competitors. If these tires take off and become popular i'm sure the same will happen down the road...higher QA standards, production costs and their price will increase to be competitive with others manufacturers. Let's face it, if these tires are good they aren't going to continue selling them so much cheaper than what's out there...their price will go up.
Old 11-28-2017, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DonnyK
I guess this is early adaptor theory. Try them now while they are priced much cheaper than the competition, if you like them you're getting a great deal, if not you go back to the more costly competitors. If these tires take off and become popular i'm sure the same will happen down the road...higher QA standards, production costs and their price will increase to be competitive with others manufacturers. Let's face it, if these tires are good they aren't going to continue selling them so much cheaper than what's out there...their price will go up.

I've now had these on my car for 16k and I love them. No complaints! Seem to be wearing even better than the Dunlops. I will buy them again. I went with 265 40 21 with 10mm spacers.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I had these on my SQ5 and ran them for 20,000+ miles before I traded her in. Tires were still in great shape. Zero issues.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 118 Likes on 100 Posts

You guys do realize that you're making the Michelin and Continental marketing guys squirm a bit eh !
Old 09-19-2018, 04:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

just found this thread. thinking about trying these. I had 2 chargers and many of my friends had the atturos with zero issues and beat the hec out of them... mostly int he 275/45/20 size for the chargers.
I see one of you said you got 10mm spacers, is that necessary to avoid problems or rubbing? just curious why spacers if not needed.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Heat00
just found this thread. thinking about trying these. I had 2 chargers and many of my friends had the atturos with zero issues and beat the hec out of them... mostly int he 275/45/20 size for the chargers.
I see one of you said you got 10mm spacers, is that necessary to avoid problems or rubbing? just curious why spacers if not needed.
The spacers weren't necessary for my set up, but they make it look great! I'm on my second set now
Old 02-11-2019, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed them. Quiet at highway speeds. Wet handling seemed good. I went with spacers from Mops to make sure I had no clearance issues (and well why not since I saved so much $$). Will report back after driving them more.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I plan on getting these once my current tires wear down. Definitely seems like a great ire for the money.

Quick Reply: Should I pull the trigger on 21" Atturo Tires?