Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Should I sell my stock 19" wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 03:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I sell my stock 19" wheels?

Earlier this year my Q5 got some new, sporting Audi OEM 21" wheels from an S8...

(S8 21" wheels)

As a result, I have stowed the factory 19" wheels in the garage...

(stock 19" wheels)

I was planning on keeping them as "backups" but since I live in Florida, I don't have a need for seasonals so unless something goes wrong, they are just going to sit there.

I'm wondering if I should sell them. They aren't perfect, showing normal 2 year old wear.
  • What do you guys expect I might get out of them?
  • Would it be worth all the hassle or just keep them as backups?
Any thoughts/suggestions?

Last edited by Jazzy; 11-24-2014 at 05:17 AM.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Audi Rotor design.

For me the best Audi wheels
Old 11-24-2014, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

If you wish to sell your wheels, it's not permitted here in the discussion forums. Please use the classifieds section.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

I can appreciate your comment SnagitSeven, and agree.

However, I'm asking for suggestions to help me determine IF I should sell them based on other members' experiences.

Is that still frowned upon?

Last edited by Jazzy; 11-24-2014 at 05:09 AM.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

given the info at hand, i would get rid of them. if your new wheels were aftermarket, i would hold onto them for when you sell the Q5. but given that you live in FL and won't need a winter setup, and that the new wheels are Audi brand, i'd get rid of them and not deal with the clutter. only thing that would change my opinion is if you make trips to the mountains for skiiing, etc. then i would hold onto them. as far as what you could get... without seeing them up close, i am thinking ~$700 for the tire/wheel package assuming the tires have about 30k miles on them and the wheels aren't in perfect shape.

btw, your new wheels look amazing. your car looks completely different. astonishing what some new wheels can do for appearance.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Those look great, Jazzy. Throw up some more pics from other angles sometime when you get a chance. I love those wheels and had thought from other pics they weren't a great look on the Q. Your pics are making me reconsider.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Personally, I think I'd look to sell the 19" wheels if I were you. I tend to hang on to things in the off chance I'll need them, and then I unload them years later and wonder why I bothered to store them for so long... the 21" wheels look great - if you don't envision a scenario in which you'd switch back, why not grab a few bucks for the 19" wheels.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Jazzy
I can appreciate your comment SnagitSeven, and agree.

However, I'm asking for suggestions to help me determine IF I should sell them based on other members' experiences.

Is that still frowned upon?
Some people try to circumvent the policy by disguising a "should I sell" post in the discussion forums as a way to elicit potential buyers. There's nothing wrong with seeking advice and was simply reminding you that if you decide to sell your wheels to use the Classifieds section.

My take? If you're not going to use 'em, sell 'em while they're fresh. Money in your pocket is better than four unused wheels taking up space.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I would probably sell them.

What's your suspension/spacers with those wheels?!!

Looks good!
Old 11-24-2014, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks all for the advise and the compliments.

You've helped the decision -- I certainly don't want to wonder why I kept them when I can surely sell them. Thanks again.

I take some pics and post them up in the Classifieds here shortly after I clean them up.

No spacers Filam -- they bolted straight on. But I can't take all the creative credit -- I blame TGT for taking the first plunge.

Quick Reply: Should I sell my stock 19" wheels?