Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Stainless Steel Tips for Q5 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stainless Steel Tips for Q5 2.0

I just recently bought some exhaust tips from Advance Auto Parts for around $18. They look pretty good and definitely better than those jank pipes the car came with. It comes with a bolt tightener but I took it completely off and just slipped them on. I might try to get them welded, but I have been driving with him and they seem like they are on there pretty tight. The part number is PM-5116. Just a "tip" if anyone is interested. Tell me what you think.
Attached Images   
Old 11-01-2011, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

I wish this would have been posted a few weeks ago...lol. I bought the Audi tips for just under $100 w/shipping. But they went on really nicely, but they look just like yours for $18!

My husband cut the heck out of the tops of his fingers (should have had stitches deep) the first time we washed my car, the originals were SHARP! Some of the carbon didn't wash out, and it left a faint tattoo in the scar.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

had ours put on with the new mangaflows months ago, but since they weren't "Audi", I would have been banished from the site

Have pics in my gallery:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/alb...ctureid=233073
Old 11-02-2011, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

How do those MFs sound with the 2.0?
Old 11-02-2011, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In the wife's humble opinion (and mine)
better than stock... to me, the 2.0T is 'noisy' and this was an attempt to mask engine noise with a little rumble, nothing loud...

a good side benefit was that the mf's weigh a lot less than the stock bubble mufflers and have better flow

have a video and can upload one of these days
Old 11-02-2011, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Ditto. What size did you get? What is the price range?
Old 11-02-2011, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

I got some on my too... cost me $18 on Amazon. After I did the order some guy emailed me asking to verify my VIN. After I replied I got the notification that i was charged and will be shipped by COB.

They look really nice on mine. The chrome on the bril black stands out. Its been really cold here lately and my windows stay uo so I cant comment on the sound just yet... but i will definately listen when I go out for lunch.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mahumujug
I got some on my too... cost me $18 on Amazon. After I did the order some guy emailed me asking to verify my VIN. After I replied I got the notification that i was charged and will be shipped by COB.

They look really nice on mine. The chrome on the bril black stands out. Its been really cold here lately and my windows stay uo so I cant comment on the sound just yet... but i will definately listen when I go out for lunch.
Are talking about the tips or Magnaflow mufflers?
Old 11-02-2011, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Tips...

my bad... thats what happens when u type and talk on the phone at the same time... I guess there is no need to go listen in the cold...

Originally Posted by Q5Dawg
Are talking about the tips or Magnaflow mufflers?
Old 11-02-2011, 08:50 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Nice looking. Can't tell the difference from factory tips. Thanks for showing me how bad we got ripped off at the dealer. >=[

Is the end angled like the factory tips?

Quick Reply: Stainless Steel Tips for Q5 2.0