Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Thinking of purchasing an RSQ5 mesh front grille. Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BrooklynSQ5
When I asked them about the US plate, they said they would offer it with that one rather than the Euro plate bracket so we should be okay.
sweet! then i'm officially "interested!" hopefully it's an actual plate mount that's not held up by some twist-ties! =)
Old 02-10-2015, 10:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for getting this set up guys! Just added my info. We just need 4 more!

Question about fitment...description says it should fit 13-14 facelift models. Safe to assume this will work on 15 SQ5?

2 more weeks til I take delivery (hopefully). Can't wait to officially join the club!
Old 02-10-2015, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RUSSQ
Thanks for getting this set up guys! Just added my info. We just need 4 more!

Question about fitment...description says it should fit 13-14 facelift models. Safe to assume this will work on 15 SQ5?

2 more weeks til I take delivery (hopefully). Can't wait to officially join the club!
yeah, it shouldn't be a problem as there were no changes made for 2015. if you look at the grill in post #1 and then look at the picture in post #14, you'll notice a subtle difference at the top left and right corners of the grill. on the 2013+ cars, the corners are "squared off," so to speak, making the grill 6-sided. in the pre-2013 cars, the grills are pretty much 4-sided. that's where the difference lies b/w facelift and non-facelift q5s, and they haven't changed it since the facelift.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Picture 5 shows without the RSQ5 badge, is the badge easily removable?

Anyone know if/price shipping for Canada?
Old 02-10-2015, 09:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Even though Product B's frame is chrome, the mesh should still be black, correct?? Haven't been able to decide between A or B, but I am definitely interested!
Old 02-11-2015, 02:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Gotham
Hi All,

To simply this process, I have created a Google Sheet.... Just fill it out and I'll get it going

Click Here

As of now, it's $290. Shipping is TBD. I'm trying to get better deal if we get more people, so I'm extending this to Audizine as well.

RJ
I added my info.... Just need 2 more.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by olindos
Even though Product B's frame is chrome, the mesh should still be black, correct?? Haven't been able to decide between A or B, but I am definitely interested!
from all the pics i've seen, i believe that is the case. i would otherwise not go with "B".
Old 02-11-2015, 12:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by joey jojo
from all the pics i've seen, i believe that is the case. i would otherwise not go with "B".
Yeah, I'm with you! I just wanted to double check because I was looking through a bunch of RS front bumper pictures and noticed a couple of them had chrome-looking mesh parts. I wasn't aware that they even came in any other color than black. Maybe it was the lighting in the photos.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by olindos
Yeah, I'm with you! I just wanted to double check because I was looking through a bunch of RS front bumper pictures and noticed a couple of them had chrome-looking mesh parts. I wasn't aware that they even came in any other color than black. Maybe it was the lighting in the photos.
here's a link to pics from jc sportline, the supplier:

RSQ5 honeycomb Mesh Front Grill for Audi Q5 facelift 2013-2014 Chrome frame
Old 02-11-2015, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey Everyone. Amanda from JC Sportline just got back to me. As soon as we get ten orders, the price drops down to $250 plus $85 in shipping. Let's go people! I want this grille! Just two more left. I plan to pay for mine this evening with her to get the ball rolling.

Quick Reply: Thinking of purchasing an RSQ5 mesh front grille. Opinions?