Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

And the wait begins..

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2.0T is at the Port of Houston now. I should have it in Dallas by early next week. Like a true Audiworld junkie.. i have the Vag-com well before I have the car

Can somebody tell me what are the usual things that the dealer is going to try to sell me when I pickup the car.. and which of them i should really consider. I'm assuming some of the things would be lojack, tire-wheel protection, paint protection etc..

Any suggestions on what I should stay clear off? and what you recommend I buy from the dealer.

Regards

Muks
Old 11-18-2010, 04:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mpraju
My 2.0T is at the Port of Houston now. I should have it in Dallas by early next week. Like a true Audiworld junkie.. i have the Vag-com well before I have the car

Can somebody tell me what are the usual things that the dealer is going to try to sell me when I pickup the car.. and which of them i should really consider. I'm assuming some of the things would be lojack, tire-wheel protection, paint protection etc..

Any suggestions on what I should stay clear off? and what you recommend I buy from the dealer.

Regards

Muks
They should also try to sell you Audi care if it's not part of your deal and an extended warranty. Some people swear by the tire-wheel protection. I just take the car to someplace like discount tire and get certificates on them. Much cheaper and they're easy to work with if you need a tire replaced. I don't think they'll cover wheels so you're on your own if you mess it up in the process. I didn't buy anything extra from them (they already included audi care in my deal). You can always add the extended warranty later.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

My dealer even tried to sell me a key replacement warranty. He said those things cost $400 each! I didn't purchase it but found it interesting that such a thing exists.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jeff968
My dealer even tried to sell me a key replacement warranty. He said those things cost $400 each! I didn't purchase it but found it interesting that such a thing exists.
yea mine told me the same. Wife freaked out cause its easy to loose a key!!!

If you lose one and you don't have the replacement warranty, one must go to the dealership to get it replaced. Is this true?
Old 11-18-2010, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

thanks for the tips.. what about lojack? Does Audi already have some kind of a recovery system? I have lojack on my nissan.. doesnt give me a discount on insurance in Texas though, but I still like it that its there.

I didnt get Audi Care with my deal.. but after reading the pros and cons on this forum, I will go ahead and buy it
Old 11-20-2010, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

My car is on the truck from Houston to Dallas.

Went to sign some papers at the dealership. I signed up for the Audi Care and Extended warranty and passed on Lojack and the Key replacement insurance.

however.. they were offering a $650 Ding/Dent guard insurance. He said it was a warranty against dings and dents upto the size of a baseball for an unlimited number of dents. Has anybody signed up for that? Worth it ?

Im still on the fence about this one.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

My car is on the truck from Houston to Dallas.

$650 Ding/Dent guard insurance. He said it was a warranty against dings and dents upto the size of a baseball for an unlimited number of dents. Has anybody signed up for that? Worth it ?

Im still on the fence about this one.
LOL... It looks like were on the same exact schedule. IIRC we both ordered ours on the same week and my truck was released from the port and should be ready early next week.

My friends girl just bought a Lexus truck and they got some time of ding warranty. I was curious to see if audi offered something like that. When you say unlimited does that mean visits or unlimited amounts pulled for a certain amount of visits?
Old 11-20-2010, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Not sure about the details. I should have asked for some literature. I know he mentioned unlimited and a $100 allowance for Hail damage . I'll ask more when I go pick up. They said it was $650 before taking deliver and $750 after.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure about the details. I should have asked for some literature. I know he mentioned unlimited and a $100 allowance for Hail damage . I'll ask more when I go pick up. They said it was $650 before taking deliver and $750 after.
You might want to make sure if it's something that's covered at any dealership or only theirs.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gat821
I was a bit worried it would get too hot since it wasn't a solid sunshade, but really didn't seem bad even in mid-90's weather. The sunshade is closed when parked outside during workdays and a windshield shade is used too. Now parts of the country with regular summer days in the 100's might be a totally different story

I kinda like the sense of space/openess the perforated shade gives when closed.
I live in Houston, doesnt get much more hot sticky yucky weather, and i tinted my roof and still can see beautiful sky. Not to bad on the heat when driving as i usually always have the shade open. But when i park i pull the shade, use a dash shade and crack the window a smidge and its not anything different then when i had a sunroofless 4 runner

Quick Reply: And the wait begins..