Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Wireless bluetooth streaming

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wireless bluetooth streaming

Does the 2012 Q5 support wireless bluetooth streaming for Pandora, podcasts, etc.?

If wired only, does it have to be hooked up to the USB in the glove compartment? If so, that is very inconvenient and IMO, not a good place to have to deal with a hookup.

Is there a stereo jack anywhere?

Thanks for the help.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

This has been covered many times. If you have the MMI 3G+ (With Nav usually) then there are no direct solution from Audi as there are no Bluetooth stereo (A2DP) profile supported/enabled.

What you CAN do is purchase a very expensive stereo input jack cable from Audi and stick it inside the glovebox, which defeats the purpose to begin with.

Or, if you want and know how, you can modify your existing cable to accept a 3rd party bluetooth receiver, or buy an almost made one here:

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/a5-s5-top...o-via-mmi.html
Old 01-19-2012, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Question is the Bluetooth adapter for Audi Music Interface compatible with an MMI 3G+?

http://www.audi.com/com/brand/en/mod...interface.html
http://www.iamaudi.com/audi-music-in...tooth-adapter/

If so there is a solution directly from Audi rather than a modified cable. Not sure about you, but my Q5 came with a cable for my iPhone, it is a hassle to plug it in all the time, and I can't tell you how many times, I've left my car without taking my iPhone out of the glove box and have to go back and get it. I'm seriously thinking of buying that music interface if it works with my MMI 3G+.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kranberry
Question is the Bluetooth adapter for Audi Music Interface compatible with an MMI 3G+?

http://www.audi.com/com/brand/en/mod...interface.html
http://www.iamaudi.com/audi-music-in...tooth-adapter/

If so there is a solution directly from Audi rather than a modified cable. Not sure about you, but my Q5 came with a cable for my iPhone, it is a hassle to plug it in all the time, and I can't tell you how many times, I've left my car without taking my iPhone out of the glove box and have to go back and get it. I'm seriously thinking of buying that music interface if it works with my MMI 3G+.
It is not compatible with the 3G MMI, here is the excerpt from the Audi Collection Website:

"Advanced Audio Distribution Profile designed to transfer 2 channel stereo audio wirelessly from one device to another. The Audi Bluetooth adapter kit includes a USB AMI cable, Bluetooth adapter and Flash drive that contains the software upgrade required to be applied to the MMI system to support this function. Newer cars may already have the updated MMI software. The MMI will determine if an upgrade to the software is needed. 2G systems only.
Only for streaming Music, not for Bluetooth telephone.
Not for vehicles with MMI 3G (Nav+)
Vehicle must be equipped with Audi Music Interface"
Old 01-19-2012, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ultimately, this just sucks... I suggest getting the 3.5mm stereo adapter from Amazon or ebay. It is much cheaper that audi and works fine. Get an extension cord, also from amazon or ebay and thread the wire to your middle console. Then plug in when you want to. It is so frustrating... but the only way.

I do this for audiobooks. For music, I just load the music in by sd card.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by radman2020
Ultimately, this just sucks... I suggest getting the 3.5mm stereo adapter from Amazon or ebay. It is much cheaper that audi and works fine. Get an extension cord, also from amazon or ebay and thread the wire to your middle console. Then plug in when you want to. It is so frustrating... but the only way.

I do this for audiobooks. For music, I just load the music in by sd card.
I'm not sure of the setup that you are using regarding the 3.5mm stereo adaptor as well as the extension cord. Are you attaching the 3.5mm headphone jack to the iPhone and then connecting it where? Is the extension cord a 3.5mm? How are you threading the wire to the middle console?

Thanks.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by hawkeye252
I'm not sure of the setup that you are using regarding the 3.5mm stereo adaptor as well as the extension cord. Are you attaching the 3.5mm headphone jack to the iPhone and then connecting it where? Is the extension cord a 3.5mm? How are you threading the wire to the middle console?

Thanks.
I bought an adapter that plugs into the glove compartment and has a female end for a 3.5mm plug. I bought it on amazon or ebay. I then bought a male to male 3.5mm cord. I will prob drill a hole in the glove compartment at some point (the thing is like a safe!) but for now it runs out the right side (closing the compartment on the cord...no prob) and running it under the dash to the middle console in the front. I have a cellet holder for my phone that holds in by plugging into the lighter... it is WONDERFUL... and snake the wire to that area.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by radman2020
I bought an adapter that plugs into the glove compartment and has a female end for a 3.5mm plug. I bought it on amazon or ebay. I then bought a male to male 3.5mm cord. I will prob drill a hole in the glove compartment at some point (the thing is like a safe!) but for now it runs out the right side (closing the compartment on the cord...no prob) and running it under the dash to the middle console in the front. I have a cellet holder for my phone that holds in by plugging into the lighter... it is WONDERFUL... and snake the wire to that area.
Pics or it didn't happen
Old 01-23-2012, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by aboveliquidice
Pics or it didn't happen
check the picture and description on Amazon..

http://www.amazon.com/Cellet-Phones-...7340686&sr=1-2
Old 07-29-2017, 09:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Try this bovee wma 1000 tune2air from viseeousa.com could help. This works with most vehicles with iPod integration. Can play pandora and other apps as long as you a song in your iPod music library. I have one and it works flawlessly.

Quick Reply: Wireless bluetooth streaming