Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2018 CPO Audi Q5 Premium Plus

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 06:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gskataria1
I am looking to purchase 2018 Audi Q5 certified preowned premium plus model. I have seen on this forums right now the pricing on new I should target around 10-12% off MSRP. What should I target CPO with 10,000 miles on it right now?
I just bough an '18 Prestige CPO with 18k miles on it for $44k (sticker 55k). Normal prestige build, with warm weather and cold weather packages, upgraded wood trim, metallic paint, roof racks, and rubber floor liners.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ronsal
When I first read this post, I was a bit skeptical. Looked at the PDF of the newest version of the CPO booklet, and that is certainly what it seems to say - 5 years from original in date service, w/unlimited mileage. The only caveat being an $85 deductible when you bring your car in. If we are both reading it right, this warranty is better than new car because it does make it look like it extends NCW out to either that 5 year mark or unlimited mileage within the 5 year window.
That is correct. It has been around for a while however last year it changed from 6 year 100000 miles to 5 year unlimited mileage, and while for the average driver it was probably better before (to get the extra year vs mileage), for someone like me it's way better. so I saved about $6-$7k off the bottom price of a new one and I get unlimited mileage warranty.. it's a great program. I used this when I bought my 2012 Q5 and I also used it when I bought my wife's GLC last year as MB, Audi, BWM, and Porsche all have the same exact program. While many people may not like the idea of used, or demo, or loaner, It doesn't bother me as it's covered under warranty for unlimited Mileage and the discount on top is worth it to me.... I got mine with 6100 miles which is 2-3 months of driving for me anyhow LOL..
Old 09-18-2018, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
it is not an unlimited mileage warranty for 5 years

It is the balance of your factory warranty from the date it was originally sold +1 year of unlimited mileage. Factory warranty is 4 years, 50k, so if it was sold on Sept 17, 2017, and now has 10k on it, factory warranty has 3 years or 40k left, which in your case sounds like about 14 months of warranty left, + one additional year beyond that regardless of miles.

I think we are saying the same thing but your math is wrong. It is 1 year unlimited mileage ON TOP OF The factory warranty of 4 year 50000 so the math says, 1 + 4 equals 5 years or unlimited mileage, whichever comes first, which is only the 5 years. You are correct is from the date the car was first sold or put into service. Mine is a 2018 so I have until some month in 2023, not 14 months? how do you calculate 14 months when you get 4 years plus an additional year, that's 5 years from original sale date

Last edited by Heat00; 09-18-2018 at 08:22 AM.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

next to nothing off on a CPO - they have a fixed cost that they own it for, and a fixed cost minimum to make it a CPO to begin with

CPO's don't count towards a dealers monthly "goals", and no incentives apply either.

9 times out of 10, unless you're a cash buyer (i.e. incentives don't apply), the new one can be made to be extremely close price wise to a CPO
You are right, I paid about what they were asking , within 1000$. However I don't see how that's close to the price of it new, I have the original sticker of almost $65,000 and I paid $54,000... are you saying you can get my car new with a sticker of $65,000 for close to $11,000 off? When I made my deal, they said the lowest they could get me into a new one was about $63,000 and I paid $54,000. That's not so close at least in my wallet but maybe to some people that is close, just saying....
If you are right, then I got ripped off lol....
Old 09-18-2018, 09:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’m in Miami and I paid $42k for a 2018 cpo with premium plus, 8k miles, nav with virtual cockpit, bang and Olsen, warm weather, ash grey wood inlays.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Baefoot
I’m in Miami and I paid $42k for a 2018 cpo with premium plus, 8k miles, nav with virtual cockpit, bang and Olsen, warm weather, ash grey wood inlays.
how can it be? Trade in value today in my car that I bought last week is way above that. Are you saying you paid 12k less for the same car I just got with the same mileage? Sorry I don’t belive that is possible. Maybe you meant 52? No copy of contract and it didn’t happen, unless they took advantage if you on a trade. That’s 25% below any book value and that car new is 65k lol, unless your talking about a q5 not sq5
Old 09-18-2018, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry I just noticed you all are discussing q5 not sq5, makes sense now lol
Old 09-18-2018, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by Heat00
I think we are saying the same thing but your math is wrong. It is 1 year unlimited mileage ON TOP OF The factory warranty of 4 year 50000 so the math says, 1 + 4 equals 5 years or unlimited mileage, whichever comes first, which is only the 5 years. You are correct is from the date the car was first sold or put into service. Mine is a 2018 so I have until some month in 2023, not 14 months? how do you calculate 14 months when you get 4 years plus an additional year, that's 5 years from original sale date
2018 Q5's went on sale in spring of 2017. 2018 SQ5's went on sale beginning of summer 2017. Your VIN # will tell you when the car was first sold. The remainder of the factory 4 year OR 50k warranty (whichever comes first, which in your case, sounds like it will be mileage before years) starts the day it was first sold. Once that first term is up, the additional 1 year with unlimited mileage term starts

If you're driving 3k miles a month, or 36 miles per year, your warranty will be up much before 5 years.

My math is correct, I work for the brand

Last edited by SCarGuy; 09-18-2018 at 02:26 PM.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by Heat00
You are right, I paid about what they were asking , within 1000$. However I don't see how that's close to the price of it new, I have the original sticker of almost $65,000 and I paid $54,000... are you saying you can get my car new with a sticker of $65,000 for close to $11,000 off? When I made my deal, they said the lowest they could get me into a new one was about $63,000 and I paid $54,000. That's not so close at least in my wallet but maybe to some people that is close, just saying....
If you are right, then I got ripped off lol....
all depends what original MSRP of the car was....I have SQ5's here with MSRP's of $61xxx

Take those, for example, my discount, stack the AFS bonus on top of it, and you're awfully close to a CPO price
Old 09-18-2018, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

2018 Q5's went on sale in spring of 2017. 2018 SQ5's went on sale beginning of summer 2017. Your VIN # will tell you when the car was first sold. The remainder of the factory 4 year OR 50k warranty (whichever comes first, which in your case, sounds like it will be mileage before years) starts the day it was first sold. Once that first term is up, the additional 1 year with unlimited mileage term starts

If you're driving 3k miles a month, or 36 miles per year, your warranty will be up much before 5 years.

My math is correct, I work for the brand

Well, I hope you are wrong as that is not how it was presented to me upon purchase. I guess I'll have to read the documents now. IF you are correct, they misrepresented and tricked me and I will be back there soon. They clearly told me, the salesman, the sales manager, and the finance manager, that it is 1 year unlimited mileage ADDED onto the 4 year 50,000 mile warranty, producing 5 years or unlimited mileage from date of original sale or service, whichever comes first, which obviously will be the 5 years. This changes everything as you stated it would likely only give me about a 2 year warranty. I guess for the "brand" it is clever to trick people however I don't appreciate your "brand" and this nonsense way of marketing what should have been a great warranty, down to something that won't last more than 2 years.
It likely won't matter as I usually keep the car only about that amount of time and the way it's going so far it might be in a year or sooner as the more time goes on the more I dislike this car and this brand, especially for the amount of money charged for the product.
What a JOKE this is. I expect at the very least, the dealers to properly advise the buyer, on exactly how the warranty works. In my business, you lose your license and career for misrepresenting to the public... just saying.

Quick Reply: 2018 CPO Audi Q5 Premium Plus