Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2018 Q5- Extended Warranty and Audi care

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 06:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 Q5- Extended Warranty and Audi care

Booked my first Audi 2018 Q5, still in transit and expected delivery sometime this week. Before I go doing all the research related to extended warranty and Audi care. I am sure finance manager will throw their sales pitch to get me buy these options when I am ready to sign on the dotted lines. I don;t do any basic car maintenance items myself or have teh expertise to do. Do you think it is wise to get Audi care for the fraction of the cost to get discounts on future basic maintenance items and protection from increased labor cost? Anyone bought and how much did you buy that for?

Also plan to keep this car for good 8-10 years, I normally kept for that much longer historically all my previous cars. Do you suggest extended bumper to bumper warranty beyond what Audi provide 4Y/50k miles to protect against any major issues. This is my first German car and always had Honda/Acuras in the past which are reliable and low in terms of cost to ownership. No prior experience and knowing higher cost to ownership and big expenses associated with BMWs/Mercs/Audi and German cars in general, what do you all suggest? If not dealer where should I buy extended warranty from and how much is a decent price to pay for that protection?

I'll be financing through Audi so what interest rate range should I be expecting? I have stellar credit in 800+ range. Too many question and looking forward to hear opinions from experts/ Audi owners.

Last edited by AudiQ5_Fan; 09-10-2018 at 06:39 AM.
Old 09-10-2018, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Location: seattle, Q5 premium plus with 20" wheels, Technology pkg, Nav, B&O Sound, Manhattan Grey with Black
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I also tend to keep my cars longer, my previous Lexus was 13 years old with 180K, great car that still has life left in it. I also bought the extended warranty to 100K, the dealer discounted it some, I wanted that security and it is transferrable on sale.
All my friends say do not own a German car out of warranty, sell it at 90K, I will cross that bridge later. If you do all your service at the dealer you may want to purchase a service contract for normal work. I change my oil on a faster interval than 10K, I don't care what they say I don't think oil and filter should be in a vehicle that long, and its good to have someone look at car in shorter intervals. In Seattle we have a number of good independent German auto mechanics many Audi owners go there, while not cheap they are a more reasonable alternative to a dealer, that is one reason you may not want to prepay for services. Enjoy your Q5, I know you will love it.