Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2018 Q5 - heated seats not that heated?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought it ironic I saw this topic this afternoon. I was thinking the same thing about my Prestige. Definitely not as hot as my previous car. I too wonder if there's anything in the coding that would let us modify this, like others have done with the steering wheel. My friend preceived it as being toasty though. I guess our asses are all different.
Old 12-17-2017, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I highly recommend at least asking the dealer about it before you go modifying the control module yourselves. These circuits might be adjustable but increasing the heat on a heating element has to be hell on the electronics. The current necessary to create heat from electricity is not something I would want to mess with personally.
Old 12-17-2017, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by wishbone
I highly recommend at least asking the dealer about it before you go modifying the control module yourselves. These circuits might be adjustable but increasing the heat on a heating element has to be hell on the electronics. The current necessary to create heat from electricity is not something I would want to mess with personally.
^ Wishbone, thoughtful warning, thanks. However the available seat heater micro adjustment within control module (09) Central Electrics (in Adaptation) doesn't actually alter the amount of current going to the seat heaters in a given stage [1,2 and 3] - it only alters the set temperature at which the seat heaters regulate to in a particular heat stage. I've determined in the Ross-Tech 2017 Audi Q7 4M forum that the regulating temperature for the heated seats can be changed by a maximum of plus or minus 5 deg. C. in each heat stage. Today I changed (increased) my seat heater settings by +3 deg. C. for all 3 heat stages. I'll report back here in a few days as to what effect this change has made.
Note: The stored factory setting for the seat heater micro adjustment is 0 (deg. C.).

/R

Last edited by rbreeze; 12-18-2017 at 05:03 AM.
Old 12-17-2017, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

P+ seats very hot, have to turn down after a few minutes. Do not have cold package
Old 12-17-2017, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MyFirstAudiQ5
P+ seats very hot, have to turn down after a few minutes. Do not have cold package
Do you have the warm weather package with ventilated sport seats?
Old 12-17-2017, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rbreeze
Do you have the warm weather package with ventilated sport seats?

Looking forward to the results of your experiment!
Old 12-17-2017, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

P+ Sport Seats-Alcantara that we love get very hot quickly. As mentioned it must be the way ventilated are built.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

It doesn't seem as though the thigh extension part of the ventilated seat is getting heated. If that's the case, then the only surface area with heating coils is the much shorter butt area. Could be the cause of the 'decreased' temperature feeling.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by umdstu
It doesn't seem as though the thigh extension part of the ventilated seat is getting heated. If that's the case, then the only surface area with heating coils is the much shorter butt area. Could be the cause of the 'decreased' temperature feeling.
^ Hmm.. good point - that could be one factor, in terms of overall perception and, (by design), getting zero heat from the thigh extender. Note however that the seat surface area(s) with heating coils include not only the bottom seat cushion but also the seat back cushion.

Last edited by rbreeze; 12-18-2017 at 06:22 AM.
Old 12-18-2017, 06:33 AM
V0X
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I only have cold weather package on a Prestige Plus with standard seats and level 3 heating is VERY warm. I usually have that on for maybe 5 minutes then drop it to level 2.

Sounds like this issue is solely tied to the sport seats (ventilated)

Quick Reply: 2018 Q5 - heated seats not that heated?