Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2018 Q5 - heated seats not that heated?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rbreeze
^ Really? It certainly made a noticeable difference in my Q5. Since making the changes I/we no longer have complaints with the heated seats.
If it made no noticeable difference in your vehicle then you may have a problem with the heater elements (or the heater controls or circuitry) for your driver seat. I suggest you bring up this issue with your dealer.
Yep, notta. Already have an appointment for end of month. They've been backed up because of dieselgate repairs. Also gonna get them to look at rattle in my pano.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too found this problem with my 2 days old 2018 Q5 Premium Plus + Warm/cold package.

Usually, I would put a seating pad/cushion on the driver seat to protect the leather. But with this barely heated seat, the extra layer could make it worse. This is quite annoying. !!
Looking forward to anyone who get any solution from their dealership.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It was recently -25C in Toronto. My car was outside overnight. Heated seats and steering wheel on the SQ5 are more than warm enough. No jacket needed once they warm up to max. The steering wheel is almost too hot imo.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by zolo
It was recently -25C in Toronto. My car was outside overnight. Heated seats and steering wheel on the SQ5 are more than warm enough. No jacket needed once they warm up to max. The steering wheel is almost too hot imo.
^ Zolo, is your SQ5 equipped with ventilated seats? The problem people are experiencing seems to be occurring only on those Q5s/SQ5s equipped with ventilated seats.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

No, I have the standard quilted seats. No ventilation on them.
Old 01-26-2018, 12:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Initially, I was not interested in the warm package at all as we are in northern California. However, none of the nearby dealers has my preferred config so I ended up paying more for this package. But now it's even worse, I paid more but get less! because I do need good heated seat during winter
Old 01-26-2018, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ericguqin@gmail.com
Initially, I was not interested in the warm package at all as we are in northern California. However, none of the nearby dealers has my preferred config so I ended up paying more for this package. But now it's even worse, I paid more but get less! because I do need good heated seat during winter
I can assure you, as someone who experienced two weeks of lower than -30 in Northern Ontario and my car parked outside. The heated seats are warm enough. I have the ventilated seats, yes the rear seats do get hotter than the front but the front still get pretty warm. If it’s a huge issue to you, sounds like you can use the OBDeleven to increase seat temps as discussed in this thread.
Old 01-26-2018, 03:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

will using OBDeleven void your warranty? Can someone confirm it does work with 2018 Audi Q5 (made in Mexico)??

Searching online, I saw many versions of OBDeleven. Is this one from Amazon the right version? I never did this hack before, so try to be very cautious.....
Amazon Amazon
Old 01-26-2018, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ericguqin@gmail.com
will using OBDeleven void your warranty? Can someone confirm it does work with 2018 Audi Q5 (made in Mexico)??

Searching online, I saw many versions of OBDeleven. Is this one from Amazon the right version? I never did this hack before, so try to be very cautious.....
https://www.amazon.com/OBDeleven-blu...ct_top?ie=UTF8
Old 01-26-2018, 10:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, I’m having this problem too. 2018 SQ5 with ventilated sport seats. I can leave the driver seat on level 3 all day, and it is warm-ish, but definitely not hot. Passenger seat seems warmer. In my wife’s 2018 A4, the seat is so hot that I have to turn it down from 3 to 2 after about 5 minutes. Went to the dealer twice already, and they basically told me I was imagining it. They claim this is not a known issue, and that they measured the seat heat to be 31C, which is within spec and should be plenty hot. When I told them every other heated seat I’ve been in is hotter than this, they basically said “Umm... no”.

Guess I’ll be buying an OBDeleven. BTW guys, thanks for the tips on that - much appreciated!

Hey, as an afterthought: Has anybody tried turning on the ventilation in the seats while the heating is on? I wonder if that would push heated air onto you, making it feel warmer? I’m going to give that a try tomorrow and see what happens.

Last edited by jprouette; 01-26-2018 at 10:56 PM.

Quick Reply: 2018 Q5 - heated seats not that heated?