Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2018 Q5 MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 11:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeromium
That's surprising on a brand new model that's not in dealers yet. Good to know - and good luck!

Looking at getting into my first Audi as well - but may end up in a new/gently used MKI.
When the Q7 first came out it was the first car on a new platform with all new tech and they were relatively rare so that kept it selling at MSRP for a while. With the brand new factory in Mexico with the ability to pump out Q5's, and the Q5 now being the second SUV on the new platform, I'm speculating you'll see 6% discounts or even better by the summer.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

The Car Cost Canada report shows a significant difference between MSRP and the dealer invoice price... up to $6000 on a fully loaded SQ5. There's definitely room to play if their information is correct.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is 6% between MSRP and invoice at least when it comes to the US invoices.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Invoice is not dealer cost. 10-12% is normal and even more when there are factory incentives that are not likely on the Q's.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ron.S
Invoice is not dealer cost. 10-12% is normal and even more when there are factory incentives that are not likely on the Q's.

Very True...i never said it was dealer cost, i just stated that 6% was invoice. yes there are things like holdback and other incentives to the dealer. but some of that money is dependent on hitting certain objectives. we are guaranteed, because being a stand alone dealership another 3%, everything else is volume and csi based. But we ARE a for profit organization and salespeople only get paid above the invoice price. They are entitle to make a living and we are entitled to make a profit in order to elevate what we can do a dealership as far as employee incentives and consumer incentives. The more money we make the more things we can offer clients.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Back2BA6
Very True...i never said it was dealer cost, i just stated that 6% was invoice. yes there are things like holdback and other incentives to the dealer. but some of that money is dependent on hitting certain objectives. we are guaranteed, because being a stand alone dealership another 3%, everything else is volume and csi based. But we ARE a for profit organization and salespeople only get paid above the invoice price. They are entitle to make a living and we are entitled to make a profit in order to elevate what we can do a dealership as far as employee incentives and consumer incentives. The more money we make the more things we can offer clients.
So would it be unreasonable to ask for 3% below MSRP right off the bat? Is Audi Care something that can be "thrown in"? Is it even a good value?
Old 02-20-2017, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by broadcastguy
So would it be unreasonable to ask for 3% below MSRP right off the bat? Is Audi Care something that can be "thrown in"? Is it even a good value?
I think that's a reasonable target. Not sure if they can throw in Audi Care, but it's definitely good value. Don't quote me on it, but I think I paid around $750 or so for it on my current Q5 and it's easily paid itself back twice over.

I feel like Audi has jacked up the cost of routine maintenance to make Audi Care a no brainer. I brought my car in for a 30k service in the fall, expecting to spend $500, then was pleasantly surprised when they handed me the keys back and reminded me I had Audi Care.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by broadcastguy
Seems reasonable but some of this depends on the size of dealership and how they pay the salesman. Like Back2 said everyone needs to make a living. A large market dealer may offer better pricing if there is competition and may have better factory incentives if they are meet sales targets. On a new model like this 3% off MSRP seems to be fair where I have shopped. I think Audi Care is $895 so at $750 it would be worth it to me if the dealer is close. If you have a longer drive and enjoy wrenching then maybe not. Tools for an oil change run as high as $150 if you don't own an oil extractor. If you plan on keeping the car through warranty and will have the dealer do the service then Audi Care seems to be a wise decision.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks guys. I'm not trying to rip anyone off, but at the same time I don't want to pay MSRP. My sales guy was excellent when I bought my A4 in 2009, although the company I worked for was part of the Supplier Purchase Program which gave me Audi Care for free and an automatic discount on the vehicle. He's great for no BS pricing, so hopefully he'll be the same this time around. I know someone that is good friends with the owner, so I may take that route as well.

As an aside, extended warranties aren't worth it, am I correct to assume that? I do plan on keeping the vehicle for another 8 years, although with the way technology is changing now, I might not be able to wait that long to upgrade.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I am not sure what the extended warranty would cost for the Q5. I checked with our insurance company and they offer a 7 year/70k mile warranty for about $20 per six months with $250 deductible. The catch is you have to buy it within 15 months or 15,000 miles. At this point I am going to buy it within the limitations. This would give coverage beyond the 4yr/50k mile warranty from Audi.

As for the Audi-care I probably will buy it.

Quick Reply: 2018 Q5 MSRP