Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2018 Q5 Roof Bars Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have mine on 24/7. No issues on my SQ.

I'm constantly grabbin pvc pipe or lumber at Homey D's or Lowes. Them bars be invaluable. Hardest part of install is threading the black gasketting down the middle.

Haven't used my carrier yet on this new SQ, but looks to fit exactly as I had installed on my 14 Q, for when we go camping.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a set that came with my SQ5. I didn't even know it had them until I opened then trunk and saw them in their packaging. Personally I wouldn't use the roof rails, plus 3rd party ones could be much better.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone with a Canadian SQ5 confirm whether or not they received the cross bars? I ask because I'm being told mine won't come with and am wanting to know if this is correct and is another difference between the Canada / US models or if the sales rep is mistaken.
Old 08-25-2017, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Think it depends on the dealer...

I paid $400 for mine. Was clearly stated on the Monroney. But when I was searching around the interwebs at dealer sites across the US, I've seen other Monroney's where its not on it at all, but the website pic's shows them stuffed inside the trunk! So maybe freebies, dealer gratis. IDK.
Old 08-25-2017, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by tulsah
Can anyone with a Canadian SQ5 confirm whether or not they received the cross bars? I ask because I'm being told mine won't come with and am wanting to know if this is correct and is another difference between the Canada / US models or if the sales rep is mistaken.
It does. SQ5 models for all of North America get the roof bars included because of the two step ESC programming.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by adg44
It does. SQ5 models for all of North America get the roof bars included because of the two step ESC programming.
Thanks for the replies. I picked mine up today, and there are no cross bars in the hatch. Dealer is still maintaining that they are not included for Q or SQ models in Canada anymore...
Old 08-25-2017, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tulsah
Thanks for the replies. I picked mine up today, and there are no cross bars in the hatch. Dealer is still maintaining that they are not included for Q or SQ models in Canada anymore...
@tulsah

I think they only come standard on the sq5's in the US, not the q5's
Old 08-29-2017, 05:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm assuming the crossbars can only be installed at specific spots along the roof rails, correct? If so, what is the distance between the front and rear cross bar install points? I'm trying to confirm whether my existing Thule cargo box will fit.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kakgungor
I'm assuming the crossbars can only be installed at specific spots along the roof rails, correct?
Correct, due to the dimples on the rails and pins on the bars.

Originally Posted by kakgungor
If so, what is the distance between the front and rear cross bar install points? I'm trying to confirm whether my existing Thule cargo box will fit.
I don't have my bars on right now, but the dim between center line of the front and rear rail dimple sets is 27" give or take 1/4".

See my post #12 on this thread for more box fitment info.
Old 11-30-2017, 07:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Thule roof rack experience?

Thule has bars listed for the 18 Q5. Anyone try them and know whether the roof will open with the low profile bars? Thanks.

Quick Reply: 2018 Q5 Roof Bars Questions