Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2018 SQ5 order delayed

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Trust me, it will be worth the wait. Not only is it a well designed, peppy little beast but the quality on mine is outstanding. Not one thing I can complain about....oh maybe the fact that I got the Q5 floor mats. Have no idea when the SQ5 mats will arrive but thats so minor....
Old 08-19-2017, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by havery
Looks like mine just rolled off the truck:

Me too
Old 08-19-2017, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Could someone check COMM NG8479 please?
Old 08-19-2017, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cadx6
Me too
@Cadx6

The white looks nice on the Q5's! I never really liked white cars, but this one could change your mind!

GRATS!
Old 08-19-2017, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cadx6
Me too
Very Nice! Congrats!
Old 08-19-2017, 01:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mike Weber
I placed my SQ5 order on 6/1 and it was submitted 6/7. Today, it appears on my dealer web site (Audi of Rochester Hills, MI). Mine includes DAP, Prestige, Sport, 20" wheels, etc. Fears of delays may be unnecessary!
Was this an original order in your name or one your dealer had on order? In either case its good to SQ5s coming in. I have had an SQ5 Prestige, Sport, DAP, Dynamic steering and 20 inch wheels on order since 28 March. Build date was 07/14/2017 (ETA). I can't even get an updated production date.
Old 08-20-2017, 03:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Rex Guin
Was this an original order in your name or one your dealer had on order? In either case its good to SQ5s coming in. I have had an SQ5 Prestige, Sport, DAP, Dynamic steering and 20 inch wheels on order since 28 March. Build date was 07/14/2017 (ETA). I can't even get an updated production date.
Rex - This was an original order. I made one modification to it a couple days after placing the order (adding the sport package), and tried to modify again a few days after that (dynamic steering) but the order was quickly locked to changes. I have heard many theories as to why some are delayed but there isn't consistency. (Yours has the dynamic steering.....could that be the factor?)
Old 08-20-2017, 04:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mike Weber
Rex - This was an original order. I made one modification to it a couple days after placing the order (adding the sport package), and tried to modify again a few days after that (dynamic steering) but the order was quickly locked to changes. I have heard many theories as to why some are delayed but there isn't consistency. (Yours has the dynamic steering.....could that be the factor?)
At this point I'm not sure if it's possible to even really know. Audi seems to tell different people different reasons for delay.

My order (placed March 4 with a build week of 2817) had DAP, Dynamic Steering, Sport, 21 in wheels, prestige is still delayed. An identical build just popped up in a local dealer's inventory. When I asked my sales guy about it they said their reaching out to someone higher up at Audi to figure out what's going on.

Audi told me that mine was delayed because of my wheel package. The trouble with that is there are other vehicles with later build weeks showing up now.

Not expecting much from Audi anymore at this point. They obviously still have some work to do with getting the new plant up and running properly.
Old 08-20-2017, 04:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by robfarmer
At this point I'm not sure if it's possible to even really know. Audi seems to tell different people different reasons for delay.

My order (placed March 4 with a build week of 2817) had DAP, Dynamic Steering, Sport, 21 in wheels, prestige is still delayed. An identical build just popped up in a local dealer's inventory. When I asked my sales guy about it they said their reaching out to someone higher up at Audi to figure out what's going on.

Audi told me that mine was delayed because of my wheel package. The trouble with that is there are other vehicles with later build weeks showing up now.

Not expecting much from Audi anymore at this point. They obviously still have some work to do with getting the new plant up and running properly.
Mine is delayed as well and I too am seeing those with later build dates show up as well. I too am told its delayed because of my wheel package. Part of me sorta believes this as its the 20" Prestige Q5 wheels. This same set is the only option for the Prestige in the USA and is available as an upgrade option for Premium+ which everyone seems to order. So part of me believes this, but I think there is more going on. I will be curious to hear what your dealership finds out.

I literally was on the phone with mine yesterday and the Sales Manager. Super staff, but sadly they are pretty much in the dark and only know what they are told. I too am getting pretty numb about Audi in general and at this point I asked for some concessions due to this delay.

Here are my specs and I suspect perhaps originally the delay was due to the wheel package, but now I kind of believe it might be due to the adaptive suspension.

2018 Q5 2.0T Quattro S-Tronic (FYB5NY)
Prestige Model (WPT)
Color: Manhattan Gray Metallic (H1H1)
Leather: Nougat Brown (Includes Black Headliner) (ZK)
Inlays: Gray Oak High-Gloss (5MT)
Wheels: 20” 5 Segment Spoke 255/45 All Season Tires

Packages:
Cold Weather Package (PAW)
Warm Weather Package (PS8)
Driver Assistance Package (PCU)
Adaptive Damping Suspension (1BL)
Rear side airbags (4X4)

My order was back on May 23 which is a bit later than March. My build week has always been slated for 3117 (Week of 7/31), then pushed out to August 12th. We are over a week now and no updates.
Old 08-20-2017, 04:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by cakasky
Mine is delayed as well and I too am seeing those with later build dates show up as well. I too am told its delayed because of my wheel package. Part of me sorta believes this as its the 20" Prestige Q5 wheels. This same set is the only option for the Prestige in the USA and is available as an upgrade option for Premium+ which everyone seems to order. So part of me believes this, but I think there is more going on. I will be curious to hear what your dealership finds out.

I literally was on the phone with mine yesterday and the Sales Manager. Super staff, but sadly they are pretty much in the dark and only know what they are told. I too am getting pretty numb about Audi in general and at this point I asked for some concessions due to this delay.

Here are my specs and I suspect perhaps originally the delay was due to the wheel package, but now I kind of believe it might be due to the adaptive suspension.

2018 Q5 2.0T Quattro S-Tronic (FYB5NY)
Prestige Model (WPT)
Color: Manhattan Gray Metallic (H1H1)
Leather: Nougat Brown (Includes Black Headliner) (ZK)
Inlays: Gray Oak High-Gloss (5MT)
Wheels: 20” 5 Segment Spoke 255/45 All Season Tires

Packages:
Cold Weather Package (PAW)
Warm Weather Package (PS8)
Driver Assistance Package (PCU)
Adaptive Damping Suspension (1BL)
Rear side airbags (4X4)

My order was back on May 23 which is a bit later than March. My build week has always been slated for 3117 (Week of 7/31), then pushed out to August 12th. We are over a week now and no updates.
I'd be interested to know if Audi does give some concessions. I don't feel like asking my dealer to give anything up is fair. They've been great and I got a great price. However, it would be nice for Audi to step up a little bit.

Quick Reply: 2018 SQ5 order delayed