Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2019 Sq5 Audi Connect Issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2019 Sq5 Audi Connect Issues

Hi all

Just picked up my SQ5 a couple of days ago. Audi connect is set up and works when the car is on and up to a couple minutes after turning the car off. Once a couple minutes go by the data connection to the car seems to turn off and no information doesn't get pushed to the app.

Had a good search through and didn't see anything. Has anyone else run in to this?

Thanks in advance!

Alex
Old 06-14-2019, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Alex Wong
Hi all

Just picked up my SQ5 a couple of days ago. Audi connect is set up and works when the car is on and up to a couple minutes after turning the car off. Once a couple minutes go by the data connection to the car seems to turn off and no information doesn't get pushed to the app.

Had a good search through and didn't see anything. Has anyone else run in to this?

Thanks in advance!

Alex
No one else having this issue? Dealer seems to have no O'Dea
Old 06-14-2019, 05:55 PM
2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How are you testing? I have a 2018 8 SQ5 Prestige with Audi Connect. My dashcam connects to the car wifi without any issues. Also I have no problems with the My Audi app, which replaced the Audi Connect app.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by UK_Wildcats_Fans
How are you testing? I have a 2018 8 SQ5 Prestige with Audi Connect. My dashcam connects to the car wifi without any issues. Also I have no problems with the My Audi app, which replaced the Audi Connect app.
Thanks for the reply!

I am using the my audi app. Once the car has been off for a couple minutes, the data turns off and connection to the my audi app is gone. Can't lock / unlock the car and can't update the car stats.

I tried a factory reset, turning on and off the privacy, logging out and in to the audi connect account. No luck
Old 06-15-2019, 03:26 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've experienced many problems with Audi Connect -- often receive "Vehicle cannot be reached" error regardless of where car is located and with strong signal. I've referred issue to Audi but they're unable to correct.
Old 06-15-2019, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 1sato
I've experienced many problems with Audi Connect -- often receive "Vehicle cannot be reached" error regardless of where car is located and with strong signal. I've referred issue to Audi but they're unable to correct.
Same issue with 2018 S4. Both dealer and Canada Audi unable to get it fixed. The iOS app is working but if I try using car MMI and connect 99% of the time I get a message unable to connect to the server. Even if I manage to connect when trying to login with MMI get a message that cannot connect. Nobody at Audi knows and this is troubling.
Old 06-16-2019, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Markster
Same issue with 2018 S4. Both dealer and Canada Audi unable to get it fixed. The iOS app is working but if I try using car MMI and connect 99% of the time I get a message unable to connect to the server. Even if I manage to connect when trying to login with MMI get a message that cannot connect. Nobody at Audi knows and this is troubling.
Interesting. A dealer from a Canadian website noted that there is a software fix. I sent this to my dealer and they're going to get back to me. Will provide an update when I hear back.
Old 06-16-2019, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Alex Wong
Interesting. A dealer from a Canadian website noted that there is a software fix. I sent this to my dealer and they're going to get back to me. Will provide an update when I hear back.
Thank. Yes please get back to me. Can you share the text from the dealer and the fix notes ?
Old 06-17-2019, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

It's $35 for a day's access, ot $60 for three days, but Audi's online service site has the service guides, TSB's, training, and other dealer notices. Most everything is PDF, so with a little time you can get everything downloaded including the extensive service manuals. If this is a known issue, you'll find it here.

https://erwin.audiusa.com/erwin/showHome.do

Jeff
Old 10-28-2019, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello,

I have the exact same issue with my brand new Audi Q3 45 TFSI.
Did you manage to solve this issue ?
There was an MMI update solving this ?

Thank you
Regards
Thierry

Quick Reply: 2019 Sq5 Audi Connect Issues