Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2021 SQ5 Extended Warranty Q

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2024, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2021 SQ5 Extended Warranty Q

Hi all,

Just got a 2021 sq5 premium plus with 27k miles on it, was not from an Audi dealership.

The dealer offered a bumper to bumper extended warranty for 6 years or 100K starting when I acquired, so it would expire in 2030 time wise, for $3500 (premier care) through all state.

They said you can take it to any Audi dealership and they will then send the claim to the insurance carrier.

Now it doesn’t cover the obvious things like tires, brake pads or even spark plugs etc but I have included the brochure here, is it worth keeping this “extended warranty” ?

Does anything major go wrong? It seems like the list of covered items is pretty good (like the fancy cameras systems etc) but I wonder if they just are telling me what I want to hear and when it comes time for the “claim” they will deny for some bull**** reason.

I already tried to do a search on google but all I found were generic websites just offering extended warranties nothing really with people who had actual experience with them and especially with the fancy german cars

Thanks everyone

TL/DR

Are you getting shafted with extended warranties?
Old 03-11-2024, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Link to a brochure, easier to read

https://di-uploads-development.deale...e-contract.pdf
Old 03-11-2024, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 194 Likes on 135 Posts

Did not realize Allstate was in the extended warranty game. You will hear horror stories with some
companies making every excuse possibly not to pay a claim and some (heard fidelity is good) handle issues well. Fidelity can only be purchased through a dealer. About 15 years ago I had an extended warranty through a 3rd party and it served me well. Again, some are way better than others.
Old 03-12-2024, 08:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 155 Likes on 97 Posts

I for one would like to see the policy terms exclusions in these brochures enumerated with the same thoroughness and conciseness as are the “what’s covered” stuff. While the brochure does have a bubble paragraph at the bottom containing items excluded from coverage, the “etc,” which ends that paragraph skillfully omits exclusions which are most often in play in consumer complaints over coverage denial. By “in play” I mean those exclusions claims administrators routinely roll out as justification for claim denial in their responses to for e.g., hundreds of BBB posted complaints. Rarely are any of the brochure’s enumerated exclusions involved in the claim dispute.

My point: Noteworthy by their absence in the brochure are any of the exclusions that arise in these claim disputes. (e.g., any engine damage due to overheating, even if caused by a covered item; any…and I mean any…nexus between the damage and moisture; a pre existing condition which is often invoked in the most absurd context).

Just a reminder to those in the hunt for an extended warranty to scrutinize the policy to ensure you are comfortable with those “etc” terms.

FWIW, I wasn’t.

Last edited by jaims; 03-12-2024 at 10:32 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Atari XL (03-17-2024)
Old 03-12-2024, 09:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 124 Likes on 99 Posts

Doesn't look like any parts that would fail are covered. All the covered parts probably wouldn't fail, for example what's under the engine coverage. Yes, look at the exclusions too.
Now on the other hand, yes I bought extended warranty/maintenance on mine but that was when I bought it new. It was used for some gremlins I was having.
Old 03-13-2024, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Weebl
Doesn't look like any parts that would fail are covered. All the covered parts probably wouldn't fail, for example what's under the engine coverage. Yes, look at the exclusions too.
Now on the other hand, yes I bought extended warranty/maintenance on mine but that was when I bought it new. It was used for some gremlins I was having.
With all due respect, what are you reading? The premiere plan covers everything. Including the whole engine. It covers basic and all the other stuff all the other plans cover.
Engine mounts, cylinder block, etc. it covers everything.
Old 03-13-2024, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 124 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Elvisfan
With all due respect, what are you reading? The premiere plan covers everything. Including the whole engine. It covers basic and all the other stuff all the other plans cover.
Engine mounts, cylinder block, etc. it covers everything.
mounts should be good past the warranty, block shouldn't fail within 10 years, fasteners are minor.ect. It covers wastegate not turbo, turbos can fail not wastegates.
If covered engine internals, valves that would be different but it doesn't.
mine covered more depth so I paid it but it was considerably more I think.
Old 03-14-2024, 01:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I

I asked specially for the contract, and here is what is not covered

what do you all think?
Old 03-14-2024, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Weebl
mounts should be good past the warranty, block shouldn't fail within 10 years, fasteners are minor.ect. It covers wastegate not turbo, turbos can fail not wastegates.
If covered engine internals, valves that would be different but it doesn't.
mine covered more depth so I paid it but it was considerably more I think.
If you are talking about the brochure above. Under basic, which is covered under the premier, it specifically says “turbo/superchargers”. Also, valve covers.
Premier covers Basic, Standard, and Preferred. All off the above.

Last edited by Elvisfan; 03-14-2024 at 04:38 AM.
Old 03-14-2024, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Elvisfan
If you are talking about the brochure above. Under basic, which is covered under the premier, it specifically says “turbo/superchargers”. Also, valve covers.
Premier covers Basic, Standard, and Preferred. All off the above.
so you recommend keeping the premier plan extended warranty? Just confirming

Quick Reply: 2021 SQ5 Extended Warranty Q