Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2022-2024 NAR Map Files for MIBII (18-20)

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2023, 11:55 AM
Permanent S Mode Member

Received 579 Likes on 379 Posts

I've tried downloading with the Edge and Chrome browsers and they both choke and terminate at the 2.7GB mark. Any suggestions?
Old 07-04-2023, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 394 Likes on 280 Posts

Chrome has an extension for downloading which will continue with disconnects.

Free Download Manager
https://www.freedownloadmanager.org/download.htm

Last edited by spindlewood; 07-04-2023 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-04-2023, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 135 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Evan Mair
Ditto. There's something nice about having the full sized up-to-date Audi maps and getting the Waze notices over audio.

Is navignore new? I patched my stuff last year, I had no idea this was even a thing...wow @awdjunkies I think you were looking for something like this maybe? I could be thinking of someone else, apologies!
Old 07-04-2023, 02:05 PM
Permanent S Mode Member

Received 579 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by spindlewood
Chrome has an extension for downloading which will continue with disconnects.

Free Download Manager
https://www.freedownloadmanager.org/download.htm
Thanks, that did it. I had the extension installed but disabled.
Old 07-04-2023, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 394 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by MH62
Thanks, that did it. I had the extension installed but disabled.
Glad it worked. It took me two tries. I'm ot even sure if I have it enabled

Originally Posted by Moffacake
Is navignore new? I patched my stuff last year, I had no idea this was even a thing...wow @awdjunkies I think you were looking for something like this maybe? I could be thinking of someone else, apologies!
This is the Dual Nav we talked about awhile ago that was in beta. With 3.6, it's now in the release version. This fall I am going on a cross country trek and am really looking forward to having both running. Hopefully I can mute the Audi Nav voice while Google or Waze stays audible. I'll check this out later in the week

This Navignore (dual nav) update was stupid quick with the MIB already patched. Updating to 2023-2024 maps was another matter - probably 30 minutes or more. With my Battery Tender attached, it didn't lose a charge at all - at least the charger stayed green the whole time.
The following users liked this post:
Moffacake (07-04-2023)
Old 07-04-2023, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by spindlewood
Glad it worked. It took me two tries. I'm ot even sure if I have it enabled

This is the Dual Nav we talked about awhile ago that was in beta. With 3.6, it's now in the release version. This fall I am going on a cross country trek and am really looking forward to having both running. Hopefully I can mute the Audi Nav voice while Google or Waze stays audible. I'll check this out later in the week

This Navignore (dual nav) update was stupid quick with the MIB already patched. Updating to 2023-2024 maps was another matter - probably 30 minutes or more. With my Battery Tender attached, it didn't lose a charge at all - at least the charger stayed green the whole time.
Yeah the 23/24 maps took me about 30-35 minutes as well. Hopefully you can take advantage of that dual nav while on your trek..
Old 07-04-2023, 06:06 PM
Audi Q5e Driver

Received 193 Likes on 130 Posts

For some reason I'm really struggling to get the 2022/2023 map updates to copy with out error to an SD card. There is a cff file (AlabamaGeorgiaCarolinas.cff) in Region 3 that keeps failing on windows copy to SD. Tried different SD cards, different readers, and none of them seem to be able to copy the files to the SD card, exFAT or FAT32 formatted. I've tried two 32GB cards and one 256GB card, all fail at the same file.

I've also tried unzipping it with 7-Zip and Windows native zip utility, same result. Maybe will have to drive a different windows computer....

(ps my failure above aside, thank you so much for sharing these files and howto's!)
Old 07-04-2023, 06:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dcaf
For some reason I'm really struggling to get the 2022/2023 map updates to copy with out error to an SD card. There is a cff file (AlabamaGeorgiaCarolinas.cff) in Region 3 that keeps failing on windows copy to SD. Tried different SD cards, different readers, and none of them seem to be able to copy the files to the SD card, exFAT or FAT32 formatted. I've tried two 32GB cards and one 256GB card, all fail at the same file.

I've also tried unzipping it with 7-Zip and Windows native zip utility, same result. Maybe will have to drive a different windows computer....

(ps my failure above aside, thank you so much for sharing these files and howto's!)
Sounds like a corrupted zip file. Try downloading it again.
Old 07-04-2023, 07:02 PM
Audi Q5e Driver

Originally Posted by treoless
Sounds like a corrupted zip file. Try downloading it again.
I did, on two different computers (first time firefox/mac, second chrome/mac, third chrome/windows). Even went back and found a link to a different file moffacake had posted somewhere else a while ago, same problem (though different file name). Wondering if it's just something about this windows computer and coping the file (maybe AV getting in the way.... no clue). The copy of that file locks up the whole file explorer system and it restarts, It really doesn't like that one file.
Old 07-05-2023, 08:48 AM
Audi Q5e Driver

Problem Fixed.

Tried a different Windows 11 Computer, same 32GB SD card, re-formatted again to exFAT, re-downloaded via Firefox, unzipped with Windows native tool. Copied files to the computers built in SD card drive. All worked.

Successfully updated the car to the 2020/2023 maps (last official supported update). Will think about doing the FEC unlimited updates hack, but car is still very much under-warranty so hesitant to start messing around with the software yet.

Thanks again for all the great resources here!
The following 2 users liked this post by dcaf:
awdjunkies (07-06-2023), Moffacake (07-09-2023)

Quick Reply: 2022-2024 NAR Map Files for MIBII (18-20)