Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Aftermarket Lifting Tweeter

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2021, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by Strictly
Coincidentally, I had a appointment at the dealership today. I asked my service guy his thoughts on the tweeter. He said DON’T DO IT! and mentioned that any warranty issue, even if it has nothing to do with the tweeters. Audi will try and use that as an excuse to not do the work under warranty and even void the warranty. He said just wait till the car is out of warranty and then do it. He’s said he has seen similar issues with other customers who did aftermarket electrical changes. I thought only mechanical mods voided a warranty. He’s a good and I trust his opinion. That being said, if anyone is out of warranty, please install and post on experience.
The whole car is warrantied by the manufacturer outside of wear items. As such, any change you make to any part can void the warranty given by the manufacturer.

He's also looking out for his staff interests. No one wants to potentially chase a wiring issue down the road, where the customer installed their own whatever. Because Audi won't pay him for that, and you probably don't want to pay their actual hourly diag costs.

So, it all depends on you and your tolerance. I work for Audi. I have a few modded cars, once of which is still under warranty. I chose my mods based on the brand, and experience I've had in the past. At the same time, I have the ability to replace any part of my car, inside and out, myself, if Audi decided to void the warranty for any problem. I've had one tiny problem with the car (water pump had a minor leak, which caused a very very slow coolant loss over a period of months). But, this was a documented issue with the car (RS3), and as such, Audi honored the warranty without issue.