Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Audi Connect Canadian Spec car in United States?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2023, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Connect Canadian Spec car in United States?

I purchased a 2021 SQ5 that was originally sold in the Canadian market. I am struggling to get AudiConnect and Key User setup in the MMI (Login with email/password fails). Has anybody purchased a Canadian car that is operating in the United States with full Audi Connect access? I have been on the phone with Audi and was told it was a limitation due to being a Canadian car. I thought I would give the forums a shot at it!

Thanks

Old 11-28-2023, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,068 Likes on 742 Posts

No that generally doesn't work w/o changing the region of the car. Basically the VIN is locked to the Canadian market, so you can't activate services with a US account. I think Canadian cars roam in the USA, so you can try and see if you can create a Canadian Audi connect account and activate it that way. As far as I know, the Canadian Audi connect is not the same as US Audi connect in terms of the services offered, so that will further complicate things.
Old 11-28-2023, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 329 Likes on 257 Posts

I'd suspect the only way to do that would be get a Canadian Audi Connect account as superswiss mentioned. And for the pathetic level of what us north of the border get, I wouldn't even waste my time doing the exercise. This is only what we get:

The services of Audi connect Remote & Control connect the vehicle with the smartphone. With the myAudi App, the vehicle can be accessed remotely, the last parking position and the current vehicle status can be viewed. This includes the current mileage, the next inspection and information on whether doors and windows are locked. If necessary, the vehicle can be locked and unlocked remotely.
Old 11-29-2023, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by superswiss
No that generally doesn't work w/o changing the region of the car. Basically the VIN is locked to the Canadian market, so you can't activate services with a US account. I think Canadian cars roam in the USA, so you can try and see if you can create a Canadian Audi connect account and activate it that way. As far as I know, the Canadian Audi connect is not the same as US Audi connect in terms of the services offered, so that will further complicate things.
Thanks. I knew there would be some idiosyncrasies with buying a Canadian car.
Old 11-29-2023, 04:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Wires
I'd suspect the only way to do that would be get a Canadian Audi Connect account as superswiss mentioned. And for the pathetic level of what us north of the border get, I wouldn't even waste my time doing the exercise. This is only what we get:
That's pretty much what I can access now in the myaudi app now. Thanks!
Old 12-01-2023, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The comments here are pretty good! If you're logging into the app, make sure the Canadian region in selected (if you're trying to set up the Canadian Account).

If I had the choice, I'd try creating a US account with Customer Registration (done by an Audi rep) using the vin on your SQ5. That may work too. I remember seeing one person not being able to log in because her app was set in another country.
The following users liked this post:
Wires (12-01-2023)
Old 12-06-2023, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Zachary Zapata ASATX
The comments here are pretty good! If you're logging into the app, make sure the Canadian region in selected (if you're trying to set up the Canadian Account).

If I had the choice, I'd try creating a US account with Customer Registration (done by an Audi rep) using the vin on your SQ5. That may work too. I remember seeing one person not being able to log in because her app was set in another country.
This is the route I took and I'll need to try to login again and see if it has resolved. I was successful in getting Audi to recognize my account as the Key User for the correct VIN but was unable to login in the MMI.
Old 12-06-2023, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ArizonaA6
This is the route I took and I'll need to try to login again and see if it has resolved. I was successful in getting Audi to recognize my account as the Key User for the correct VIN but was unable to login in the MMI.
im in Canada and I have been having issue login MMI with my new Q5 since Dec 1st when I picked up car, dealer said its server issue…. Might affecting ur login too. Although I don’t really believe it’s a server issue
Old 12-07-2023, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 329 Likes on 257 Posts

"Server issue" is Audi dealership code for "no clue why this never works", which really means "the MMI software is unreliable, someone should fix this". I had a brutal experience trying to get our 2018 linked when we first got it. "server issue" was their excuse at the time (which it wasn't). I don't know if how it gets configured is different on the newer models, but the process wasn't intuitive, and was different from the US one if I remember correctly.
Old 12-07-2023, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We're you seeing "Login Unsuccessful. Please Try Logging In Again Later" every time you tried?

Quick Reply: Audi Connect Canadian Spec car in United States?