Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Audi Connect & MyAudi Account Setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Audi Connect & MyAudi Account Setup

Just took delivery of my SQ5 and my salesperson said he'd register / create my account with MyAudi and that I'd receive an email from Audi with my login info. Is this the normal process for activating / creating the account?

Also, I believe the MyAudi account is the same account used for the Audi MMI app on the iPhone?

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2018, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Koolio
Just took delivery of my SQ5 and my salesperson said he'd register / create my account with MyAudi and that I'd receive an email from Audi with my login info. Is this the normal process for activating / creating the account?
Also, I believe the MyAudi account is the same account used for the Audi MMI app on the iPhone?
Thanks!
My salesman said largely the same thing..... so two weeks later I did it myself at the MyAudi site. Can't remember exactly what I did, but it was easy (after you're registered and provided the VIN).
Old 01-04-2018, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

My salesman did the same, and I got a bunch of emails from Audi Connect to finish the registration. I gotta say, the WORST experience with it was typing the password into the car. Since Audi Connect has the ability to remotely lock/unlock the car, I needed to give it a good strong password. I probably had to retype the password eight or nine times because the writing recognition was so bad, and the alphabet slider was so slow.

To save time, I think you can create a PIN for your account after you register and install the app on your phone to make it easier.
Old 01-04-2018, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bamf
My salesman did the same, and I got a bunch of emails from Audi Connect to finish the registration. I gotta say, the WORST experience with it was typing the password into the car. Since Audi Connect has the ability to remotely lock/unlock the car, I needed to give it a good strong password. I probably had to retype the password eight or nine times because the writing recognition was so bad, and the alphabet slider was so slow.

To save time, I think you can create a PIN for your account after you register and install the app on your phone to make it easier.
Glad you solved it. It wasn't very intuitive (to me)... but it's been fun to fool with the features. I doubt I'll subscribe when my 6 months are up; I think I can get most of the features when I cable my Android phone to the car (including something like Google Earth).
Old 01-05-2018, 03:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bamf

How long did after purchase of the car did it take for you to get the emails from Audi? My salesman said my trial will start this Monday but I haven’t gotten any emails from Audi. I honestly think it’d be easier if I just registered myself but my salesman said if I did that he’d need me to give him my password so he can finish some configuration on his end (that didn’t make sense to me).
Old 01-05-2018, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

How long did after purchase of the car did it take for you to get the emails from Audi? My salesman said my trial will start this Monday but I haven’t gotten any emails from Audi. I honestly think it’d be easier if I just registered myself but my salesman said if I did that he’d need me to give him my password so he can finish some configuration on his end (that didn’t make sense to me).
I received emails pretty quick... HOWEVER, I believe I registered at "MyAudi" before I got those emails. The site did not require any password (except for the one I made up to enter it).
Old 01-06-2018, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Boink
I received emails pretty quick... HOWEVER, I believe I registered at "MyAudi" before I got those emails. The site did not require any password (except for the one I made up to enter it).
I got the email notification about my account and key user code (“USAXXXXXXX”) and I was able to login to myAudi account. But, I haven’t been able to get the remote lock/unlock, etc. features enabled on the iOS app. I get an error message saying the key user hasn’t been setup yet. I think I need a numerical code from the keyfob tag to set myself up as a key user for my car...and my salesman has the key tag and code. I should be receiving it today though. If anyone knows how to get this working, let me know. Thanks. I was able to login to Audi Connect in the car’s MMI with myAudi login credentials so I think I’m almost fully setup.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

I got the email notification about my account and key user code (“USAXXXXXXX”) and I was able to login to myAudi account. But, I haven’t been able to get the remote lock/unlock, etc. features enabled on the iOS app. I get an error message saying the key user hasn’t been setup yet. I think I need a numerical code from the keyfob tag to set myself up as a key user for my car...and my salesman has the key tag and code. I should be receiving it today though. If anyone knows how to get this working, let me know. Thanks. I was able to login to Audi Connect in the car’s MMI with myAudi login credentials so I think I’m almost fully setup.
I have an Android and those features don't activate for me either. Not sure I need the remote lock/unlock feature anyway.
Still, might be fun to fool with. Otherwise, I'm activated for my 6 month trial of Audi Connect.

Last edited by Boink; 01-06-2018 at 01:25 PM.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:43 AM
Audi Q7 Prestige'18 Owner

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default You have to go to the dealer...

For security reasons, you must go to the dealer with the security code. The dealer will then verify and activate the car knowing that YOU area "allowed" to connect to the car. Otherwise, someone else could just read your VIN from your car, and go to MyAudi, and take control of your car.
Once I got with the dealer (yesterday), the MyAudi app connected to the car, and I can now see where the car is, I can unlock/lock it, and turn on the other features such as Valet Alert and Geofencing Alert. It also tells you how full the gas tank and you can check the oil level. OH, and you can see where you parked the car. Actually a fairly decent app...
Only "disappointment" is that it seems to take about 30-60 seconds to lock the car from the app.
Old 01-06-2018, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

the USAxxxxx is not the security code, that is your contract #. The contract # gets "verified" electronically (we do it at our store, register the client and set up all the wifi etc in advance for a client so its all fully functional at delivery).

Certain functions within the app require the PIN code (4 digit, user defined: You set this PIN up in the MyAudiConnect portal, and then enter into your phone when accessing certain functions

Quick Reply: Audi Connect & MyAudi Account Setup