Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Audi Connect (who will pay)

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone that let their subscription or trial expire, did Audi ever come back and offer any promotional discount rates to sign back up?
Old 08-08-2018, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jikhead
Has anyone that let their subscription or trial expire, did Audi ever come back and offer any promotional discount rates to sign back up?
i let mine expire in April and heard nothing. I miss a few things but not enough to pay for the overpriced services.
Old 08-09-2018, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lifeski

i let mine expire in April and heard nothing. I miss a few things but not enough to pay for the overpriced services.
I agree and just wish there was a hack that would let me put Waze up on the displays.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

I did the $499 for 18 months ending at the beginning of 2020. I might reconsider continuing when the predicted loss of Google Earth happens,if I no longer value the other features.The subscription cost was always part of the stated cost of purchase, if you can afford the car, you can likely afford $27 a month. I'm not interested in work arounds where I have the inconvenience of plugging in my phone whenever I drive.

BTW, I did not extend the ATT data program as I have zero need for a Wifi hotspot.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Badger56
I agree and just wish there was a hack that would let me put Waze up on the displays.
You can put Waze on the center display with Android Auto now and iOS 12 (coming next month) will allow you to do it with CarPlay assuming Waze updates their app to support it.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by paperbridge
You can put Waze on the center display with Android Auto now and iOS 12 (coming next month) will allow you to do it with CarPlay assuming Waze updates their app to support it.
Thank you for that information. Hope the iOS 12 feature comes to pass.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by patmurphey
I did the $499 for 18 months ending at the beginning of 2020. I might reconsider continuing when the predicted loss of Google Earth happens,if I no longer value the other features.The subscription cost was always part of the stated cost of purchase, if you can afford the car, you can likely afford $27 a month. I'm not interested in work arounds where I have the inconvenience of plugging in my phone whenever I drive.

BTW, I did not extend the ATT data program as I have zero need for a Wifi hotspot.
I have no argument with those who make this choice, but for me it’s not worth it. I already have plenty of monthly expenses and want them to bring true value, which Audi Connect does not, in my own opinion. To each his own. One of my monthly expenses pays for my smartphone, cell data and such, which with the right (free) apps offer all and more than Audi Connect.

My plea to the OEM’s is this: let us pay once for an effective gateway between our smart phones and tablets to the displays on the dash, so we can choose and update, at will, what we display there. One advantage for the OEM is that they can focus on on the automobile and leave the finer choices of technology to the owner.

Along with that, just like OEMs provide USB ports in most cars, why not provide a built mount or at least a universal mounting connection for user devices. Why do we have to use suction cups on the windshield, stick mounts in the vents or drill holes in the dash? It wouldn’t be rocket science, it wouldn’t add thousands to the purchase price and it wouldn’t go obsolete in five years.

Sorry, wobbling off my soapbox now.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by patmurphey

Wifi hot spot is included with the $499 for 18 months plan.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by cornelt
Wifi hot spot is included with the $499 for 18 months plan.
Yes, but only 6GB for the entire 18 month term.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Did anyone else notice that if the data plan runs out the album covers for SiriusXM no longer display? My plan expired and the album covers no longer displayed. I didn't have the data plan for about a month. As soon as I renewed, the album covers came back.

Quick Reply: Audi Connect (who will pay)