Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Audi Financial Service

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2021, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Audi Financial Service

New member here and not sure if this Q5 forum is the right place to post. Does anyone have recent experience with Audi Financial Service? I would like to know my experience is typical for dealing with AFS. We paid off our vehicle and AFS cashed the check 4 weeks ago. There has been no update on their website on the balance. I asked by their secure email and the response was 17 business days to update status. Seventeen business days have come and gone and no update at all and account still shows balance and adding late charge. The most frustrating thing is the AFS website is unavailable most of the time. Emails to AFS were not answered. Today their phone 1-800-237-2834 rang three times and disconnected.
Old 09-22-2021, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

It is typical and they keep you waiting far too long to get the title. A co-worker bought his car off-lease about a month ago, same experience. Nothing happened the way they said it would and he paid for some sort of expedited service. I know it soured the experience for him.

His local dealer offered to do everything for him for a $2500 fee. He declined.
Old 09-22-2021, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by uberwgn
It is typical and they keep you waiting far too long to get the title. A co-worker bought his car off-lease about a month ago, same experience. Nothing happened the way they said it would and he paid for some sort of expedited service. I know it soured the experience for him.

His local dealer offered to do everything for him for a $2500 fee. He declined.
Thanks for your reply. It is sad to hear in this day and age of instant financial transactions AFS took forever to process what they are supposed to set up to do. Did you co-worker finally get the title and how long it took in total from payoff sent to title in hand?
Old 09-22-2021, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Yeah, he did get everything settled. I think it was close to 4 weeks. It was FAR longer than anything they told him on the telephone.

I'm not real sure whether he was technically/legally allowed to continue to drive the car, but he did. I would think the plates would be expected to be turned in at the end of the contract and that would terminate the insurance coverage, too. He kept driving, kept the car insured. No idea what the coverage would be if he had an incident.

I bought an off-lease VW 15 yrs ago and I'm pretty sure they made me turn the plates in. They gave me the same 7 day wait story for the title and I couldn't drive the car because it couldn't be registered/insured. Lucky I had another car I could use...
Old 09-22-2021, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 232 Posts

Thanks for this. I am thinking about paying off my car and selling it. knowing this, I will get this paid off sooner than later if I have to wait 4 weeks for the title.

Oh, and all of the Audi Websites have had their issues over the three years I have owned mine
Old 09-22-2021, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 141 Likes on 98 Posts

No experience with Audi but Subaru did the same thing. It took them over 60 days to process our payoff. Online it showed as late with a late fee but subaru assured us it was taken care of. One day it finally updated with the late fee gone and no negative reports on my credit.

Keep your records and keep checking
Old 09-22-2021, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 209 Likes on 172 Posts

Paid mine off early and had the title in weeks. Website showed the account closed the next day.
Old 09-22-2021, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 149 Likes on 97 Posts

I paid my loan off about 10 days ago. I haven't received a notice by mail or email from Audi, but in the myAudi financial section, it shows my loan is "account closed." Also, I got an email notice four days later from Experian that there had been a change in my credit score; checking online with Experian showed it was VW CREDIT reporting my loan was paid, with zero balance.

If you've got a question if they've received final payment and need to verify, check with one of the credit services. It only took four days for it to show up in my credit history.

I haven't received my title release of lien notice, but with a different lender last time, it took several weeks IIRC.
Old 09-22-2021, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks for all the replies. I will keep checking AFS account page and report back. In the only message reply I got from AFS, it said 17 days to update account status. I thought they know it is their not to exceed processing time.
Old 09-27-2021, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 306 Likes on 232 Posts

I just paid mine off online today. I live in Florida and the Audi Financial site said that Florida has electronic titles and that they would have Florida release mine in 5 to 7 days. Then Florida sends me the title.. Hopefully I will get mine sooner than the experiences here. I am thinking of selling my car and I won't do it until I have the title to make things easier.

Quick Reply: Audi Financial Service