Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

AWE-Tuning Resonated Touring Exhaust installed. First impressions and pics!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 2PUTT
Awesome pics. Any videos??
I promise I will take a few in the upcoming days! Sorry for the delay!

Originally Posted by AndroidRobot
I'd like to see one as well. I'm surprised they didn't redo the rear facia like ABT does .
spoke to them about this a couple of weeks ago. it'll be too much redesign that would require a rear bumper cover/valance. i don't think they really expect a lot of people buying the exhaust for this vehicle.
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot
The rear facia never bothered me for the record. ABT does make an entirely new rear bumper and exhaust system. The price is likely much higher than what AWE charges, either way the sound is what's important.
From what AWE told me there is a lot of stuff going on back there with Pre-sense sensors and stuff. It would've been too difficult.

Originally Posted by NeedMoreHP
Come on... video/audio!
I know I know I'm sorry!!

Originally Posted by 2018_SQ5
The install looks nice and clean. Looking forward to the video/audio of cold start, idle, rev, drive-by, and drive-by under acceleration
Originally Posted by goathog
Looks great! Anxious for some videos.
Thanks fellas! I'll get some soon I promise!

Originally Posted by Wbdharris
Very interested in hearing how it sounds! Did you need AWE to install or would this be something you could install yourself?
Since AWE used my car for the development of the exhaust, I was able to leave with the system installed. I would reach out to Dane at AWE-Tuning for more information about the difficulty of the install because I'm not at all familiar with it. Sorry about that!

Originally Posted by Chawski
Is this valved so you can shut it up in comfort and turn it up in dynamic or is it just all exhaust all the time?
It is just all exhaust all the time! That's why I decided on going with the resonated version instead of the non-resonated version. Just in case it was too much!
Old 04-11-2018, 10:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Patiently waiting for vids
Old 04-11-2018, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another pic request, an you take a shot from standard-behind view. Can you see the bottom tips of the exhaust any? Just wondering if it adds anything aesthetically to the rear if you arent looking under actively.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kanack49
Another pic request, an you take a shot from standard-behind view. Can you see the bottom tips of the exhaust any? Just wondering if it adds anything aesthetically to the rear if you arent looking under actively.
Sure thing. Someone actually requested this on Audizine.com. Here are a couple of photos from eye-level at different distances for everyone's reference. For me, the point where the tips were no longer visible was about 5-6 feet away from the rear of the car. Please excuse my super narrow driveway

AWE-Tuning Resonated Touring Exhaust installed. First impressions and pics!-k8c3axc.jpg
AWE-Tuning Resonated Touring Exhaust installed. First impressions and pics!-rlyhzhn.jpg
AWE-Tuning Resonated Touring Exhaust installed. First impressions and pics!-gt3rrsm.jpg
AWE-Tuning Resonated Touring Exhaust installed. First impressions and pics!-mekc2ue.jpg
Old 04-14-2018, 02:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

You aren't kidding about the driveway .
Old 05-04-2018, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What happened to this thread?
Old 05-06-2018, 03:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

video took as long as it's stay at AWE. =)
Old 05-08-2018, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

video took as long as it's stay at AWE. =)
Sorry guys, my wife and I just had a baby! Haven't been cruising around much anymore these days. Hopefully the fine folks at AWE-Tuning can get their videos uploaded soon! Sorry for the letdown fellas
Old 05-16-2018, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Now that you don’t have a gag order... is the exhaust like an “I’m a high schooler” loud, or is it a tasteful increase?
Old 05-16-2018, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Information, pics and videos are finally up on their website guys!!

https://www.awe-tuning.com/awe-audi-b9-sq5-exhaust

Quick Reply: AWE-Tuning Resonated Touring Exhaust installed. First impressions and pics!