Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Disable Soundkator - Correct Fuse to Pull ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Disable Soundkator - Correct Fuse to Pull ?

What is the correct fuse to pull to disable the soundkator on the 2019 SQ5? According to owners manual - is it the fuse box in the luggage compartment (#2) marked sound amplifier?

Old 08-06-2019, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 394 Likes on 280 Posts

My manual says D3 and is called a Sound Actuator

FYI, OBDEleven can accomplish it as well.

Turn Off Soundaktor
Actuator For Structure Borne Sound (A9) > Adaptation > Volume of structure-borne noise actuator > default 100 (%) > Enter a value (0 = mute)
Old 08-07-2019, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by spindlewood
My manual says D3 and is called a Sound Actuator

FYI, OBDEleven can accomplish it as well.

Turn Off Soundaktor
Actuator For Structure Borne Sound (A9) > Adaptation > Volume of structure-borne noise actuator > default 100 (%) > Enter a value (0 = mute)
Awesome - yes yours actually looks correct.

Do you have the correct OBD11 that I have to purchase in order to get this done?

Is this it?
OBD11 OBD11
Old 08-07-2019, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 394 Likes on 280 Posts

I got mine from ECS Tuning. Your link looks like the same item but out of stock. You need the pro version wherever you get it. Lots else you can do with it.
Old 08-07-2019, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by spindlewood
I got mine from ECS Tuning. Your link looks like the same item but out of stock. You need the pro version wherever you get it. Lots else you can do with it.
Awesome I will go ahead and order mine - I'm used to dealing with vag-com (Ross-Tech) on my RS7.

Do you have a list of other mods I can do on this platform with OBD11?
Old 08-07-2019, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by socialpro
Awesome I will go ahead and order mine - I'm used to dealing with vag-com (Ross-Tech) on my RS7.

Do you have a list of other mods I can do on this platform with OBD11?
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...-made-2936816/

I've done probably 20 of the mods on my SQ5, including turning off the soundaktor (I believe I used the app for the soundaktor, as I've built up a bunch of credits). Amazing capabilities.
Old 08-07-2019, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jeffrey r
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...-made-2936816/

I've done probably 20 of the mods on my SQ5, including turning off the soundaktor (I believe I used the app for the soundaktor, as I've built up a bunch of credits). Amazing capabilities.
Awesome, appreciate the reference/list. Will skim through that and go ahead and order one now!!
Old 04-19-2020, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a 2019 SQ5, and I believe the user manual is incorrect on the soundakator fuse. My 2019 manual doesn’t show a D3 fuse nor does it list “Sound actuator/exhaust sound tuning.” It does show “Exterior sound, pedal module” in D10, but that fuse isn’t populated in my vehicle.

I tried pulling D3, and it indeed stops the extra exhaust noise in the cabin. My test was to hold about 2800 rpm in 2nd gear while going up a hill, then toggle the engine noise setting between comfort and dynamic. With D3 in there was a noticeable difference. With D3 out there was no difference, and it sounds the same as if engine noise is set for comfort.

This site includes the same, seemingly incorrect, information on the 2019
https://fuse-box.info/audi/audi-q5-f...2020-fuses/amp

There’s also something with the exhaust being louder at idle when starting from cold, maybe a valve that opens/closes?

Old 04-29-2020, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Still having trouble finding it, I assume it is under the drivers footrest for USA models?This cover
has a torx screw head, anyone know the size? My only torx is too small. Am I in the right location? The only two fuse strips I have
found so far are the drivers side end cap to the dashboard and the left side of the trunk.

Thanks
Old 04-29-2020, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The fuse array is under the driver dead pedal on my 2019 SQ5. You’ll need a flat blade screwdriver to remove the cap and then a Torx 30 to remove the panel. My manual says the necessary tools are in the vehicle toolkit; I just used my good tools and didn’t check the vehicle kit.

Quick Reply: Disable Soundkator - Correct Fuse to Pull ?