Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Enable SiriusXM Traffic after Audi Connect Expires

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2020, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by XLDB
...do I need to have the code changed back from 34305 to 65533? Or will Audi Connect simply override anything else on the virtual cockpit nav screen? .
Yes. Change it back to OEM setting. easy peasy.

Originally Posted by XLDB
Can Audi void my warranty if I make any changes
They can do whatever they want... But I have made changes in ALL 4 of my Audi's, going back since 2003. I even had one of my engine Stasis tuned. Sold the car no issues. Have used Dealer for service on Warranty in those 17yrs. Never had an issue, ever.

I also installed a German wiper stalk and steering wheel in my 09 A4. The wheel was not even available in the US market and looked totally different to anyone with half a curios passing interests in steering wheels (4 bar w/ manual flippers). No tech, service agent ever commented. And I always tell them to never wipe my programming without calling me first, due to all my custom programming.

So changing the value of a hex code to accept an ALT version of Sat data streaming services? 1) there s no way for them to spend that time in your vehicle to dig that deep to see that, 2) No one cares if you get AudiConnect or Sirius traffic.

Granted i'm some troll on the interwebs, but think about it... You're not doing diesel-gate changes. You're safe. Just do it.

Old 03-06-2020, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Were you able to confirm that the Plus plan does not work?
Their plus plan is supposed to have better traffic coverage in the city.

My thought is, technically their Traffic plan (non-plus) does not work with our cars but it does......maybe we can get the Plus plan?
Has anyone got them to enable it and try it?
Old 03-06-2020, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Earlier I posted about the traffic not working, even with correct coding, non-Plus traffic active on my XM account, everything else done right. Here's a data point:
  • Prepaid SIM card with active data plan (data icon on dash display shows white full bars with "⇌ LTE"— traffic broken
  • Prepaid SIM card with inactive data plan (data icon shows white full bars but no ⇌) — traffic broken
  • Original Audi/AT&T SIM card with inactive Audi Connect account (data icon shows grey full bars) — traffic WORKS.
Summary: leave in your old Audi Connect SIM card.