Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

First time audi lease

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First time audi lease

Leased a 2019 Q5 and it came with the all weather floor mats and the top roof rack.
Do I need to return with those items when we return the car end of lease? If not I want to sell it as it is sitting at my garage now collecting dust.
Old 04-12-2019, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If those items are on the window sticker then they must be returned at the end of the lease. If not, you can keep or sell as you choose.
Old 04-13-2019, 09:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Dino Milani
If those items are on the window sticker then they must be returned at the end of the lease. If not, you can keep or sell as you choose.
so my sticker also shows a 110 usb cable and it cannot be removed. Do I need to return this gold plated label 3 yrs later? I am just confused.
Old 04-14-2019, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you referring to the coiled USB cables? Your Audi should have come with two, one for Apple and another for Android. And you can certainly remove it, just pull. Not sure I understood what you meant by you can’t remove it.

Yes you you will need to return both at end of lease.
Old 04-14-2019, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts

........and if you drive through a mud puddle BEFORE you leave the dealer lot on taking possession of your new vehicle, you must return your car with mud splattered
in the same spots. However, the mud does not have to be the same.
LOL
Old 04-14-2019, 09:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Dino Milani
Are you referring to the coiled USB cables? Your Audi should have come with two, one for Apple and another for Android. And you can certainly remove it, just pull. Not sure I understood what you meant by you can’t remove it.

Yes you you will need to return both at end of lease.
typo.
I actually meant do I need to return the cable when lease ended
Old 04-14-2019, 09:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ronsal
........and if you drive through a mud puddle BEFORE you leave the dealer lot on taking possession of your new vehicle, you must return your car with mud splattered
in the same spots. However, the mud does not have to be the same.
LOL
i can understand the installed option. But mine is not installed and it just came in as a part. Now it is sitting at my garage.
Do you have any previous experience that you can shared?
Old 04-15-2019, 02:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by S4-GTR
i can understand the installed option. But mine is not installed and it just came in as a part. Now it is sitting at my garage.
Do you have any previous experience that you can shared?
Nah. Since I always buy, I tend to throw out the mud. LOL
On the serious side, if you are worried, I would just store those items. I've heard of dealers being extremely flexible on lease returns, and on the other side, we've all heard horror stories about dealers nickel and diming returns.
Good luck on whatever decision.
Old 04-15-2019, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

OP I'm thinking that they are accessory items that you might not have to return them. One might argue that at the time of purchase you did not receive them after saying I'll never use them to the sales person. GTR>S4>SQ5>Q5 you missed a step.

Last edited by texasDFWS4; 04-16-2019 at 04:38 AM.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by S4-GTR
Leased a 2019 Q5 and it came with the all weather floor mats and the top roof rack.
Do I need to return with those items when we return the car end of lease? If not I want to sell it as it is sitting at my garage now collecting dust.

The last thing you want to do is a Lease Return. The only situation where that makes sense is if the car's Blue-Book value is less than the payoff price you have on the lease agreement. Otherwise you have equity in the car. I.E. when the lease is up you can take that car to another dealer of any brand (even Audi) and show them your lease pay-off and how much the blue-book is and essentially you are trading in a car with a payoff like a loan. You get to carry the difference into your next lease or loan as a down payment.

If you do the Lease Return the dealer is going to find every nick and scratch and try to up-charge you to fix that that. Same on the mileage, if you go over the agreed miles it does not matter if you are trading in the car or paying it off.

Essentially you "Own" the car at the end of the lease and have 3 options.... 1) Pay off the car, 2) Trade in the car for a new Audi or any other car brand (essentially paying off the car and keeping equity like you would in a loan payoff). 3) Return the car to the dealer and walk away after paying fix-it fees for all the wear and tear or excess miles.

To answer your question then - you would do whatever you wanted with the floor mats when you traded in the car for your next one. If you did return the car I don't think they care as long as it has some form of Audi official floor mats.

The biggest reason I dislike leases is the scew-tactics the dealers use to make people think they have to return the car or they are tied to the dealer for some reason.

Last edited by MkVI GTI; 04-15-2019 at 01:00 PM.

Quick Reply: First time audi lease