10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

help to choose a color for my new Q5

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2021, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help to choose a color for my new Q5

Hi Friends, I am going to order a 2022 Q5 to exchange my current black one. I know black is a nice color but I wanna make some change. I am debating between district green, navara blue, and silver (even white is also considered)... I know it is a personal preference but these colors seem the same to me and they all available in local dealer. Could anyone give me some suggestions on which one I should choose? Thanks.

Blue

silver

green
Old 10-09-2021, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 226 Likes on 165 Posts

Of those three, I like the silver best. The other two are a little too "in your face" for me, but that's just my opinion. The green looks more like something that's more at home on a Subaru.

Mine is Daytona Gray, and I like it better than any of your three options.
The following 2 users liked this post by GeriatricSQ5Guy:
Little_Q (10-09-2021), TJK (10-10-2021)
Old 10-09-2021, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks for your reply man. Yeah gray is a nice color too but I had an old gray corolla so I try to avoid the old memory. But thanks for your suggestion I like silver too, Green is my like as well, it looks so different and I never saw an AUDI with this color. It gives the feeling of troop truck lol.
Old 10-09-2021, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 226 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Little_Q
Thanks for your reply man. Yeah gray is a nice color too but I had an old gray corolla so I try to avoid the old memory. But thanks for your suggestion I like silver too, Green is my like as well, it looks so different and I never saw an AUDI with this color. It gives the feeling of troop truck lol.
Yeah, I understand about the gray. Pretty sure the District Green was introduced in 2021so it's a relatively new color for Audi. We see more and more of what I call "flat" colors these days - takes some getting used to, but I'll like them in the end.

Welcome to the board. Lots of good information here.
Old 10-09-2021, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

I kinda like the blue in the background in the first picture. You could add a poll to the thread, those are always fun.

I haven't seen the "District Green" before; I tend to like the cyan type colors (as evidenced by my profile pic / avatar)... I saw a newish A7 in a more olive green that was really nice "IRL".

HTH (but I bet it don't),
Tom

P.S./Edit, my car in the avatar is "Sage Green" in case you want to give Audi Ekslusiv some business...

Last edited by aTOMic; 10-09-2021 at 03:17 PM.
Old 10-09-2021, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 341 Likes on 253 Posts

Consider resale value in your choice. Take a look at some of used vehicle valuing sites and see if bright blue or flat green affect value (Even if it’s not an exact color match.). Silver is safe for that, easy resale on that one.
Old 10-09-2021, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks for your reply. I did check the resale price on KBB, and I thought white and black will be much higher for a 5 yr Q5. But you know what? They only sold 50 bucks higher than a blue... LOLL
Old 10-09-2021, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Yeah, if resale value is even a factor, you should not be looking at Audis. But since you are, buy what makes you happy when you look back at it...

I enquired about the Sage Green with "Soul" (black) interior with AoA. They sent me a nice letter saying that of the 125 Sage Green A8Ls produced the one year it was an option, only five had a black interior. It was the (used) car I wanted, and I paid ~25% over "KBB resale value".
Old 10-09-2021, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by aTOMic
I kinda like the blue in the background in the first picture. You could add a poll to the thread, those are always fun.

I haven't seen the "District Green" before; I tend to like the cyan type colors (as evidenced by my profile pic / avatar)... I saw a newish A7 in a more olive green that was really nice "IRL".

HTH (but I bet it don't),
Tom

P.S./Edit, my car in the avatar is "Sage Green" in case you want to give Audi Ekslusiv some business...
Added. This is fun. Will add the other two pics. Thanks
Old 10-09-2021, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by aTOMic
Yeah, if resale value is even a factor, you should not be looking at Audis. But since you are, buy what makes you happy when you look back at it...

I enquired about the Sage Green with "Soul" (black) interior with AoA. They sent me a nice letter saying that of the 125 Sage Green A8Ls produced the one year it was an option, only five had a black interior. It was the (used) car I wanted, and I paid ~25% over "KBB resale value".
How did you get the car? From craiglist? I wonder how ppl sell these rare cars... I only sold second hand car to carmax.

Quick Reply: help to choose a color for my new Q5