Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Interior rattles '21 Q5

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2021, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

This is the thing. If they rip your car apart looking for rattles, there is a good chance that can create new rattles.
The following 2 users liked this post by gabatta:
blchandl2 (10-23-2022), Universe93B (05-15-2023)
Old 12-20-2021, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

This is an interesting post for me...I think quiet cabins are a double edged sword. I've got an SQ5 prestige with the acoustic glass and this thing is quiet....super quiet and I love it, especially when I'm on the phone and people are surprised to learn I'm doing 75 on the freeway when they thought I was at home. Yes that really does happen to me frequently. But it also means I can hear the delicate squeak of my brake pedal and this ever so slight sound from the center of my dash that sounds like drizzle or a super soft rain hitting the windscreen. Those noises don't bother me - I chalk it up to character and the fact of the matter is...if the cabin wasn't so quiet to begin with I'd never hear those noises. As a car manufacturer, the more quiet you make a cabin, the more complaints you can expect since people's thresholds will drop accordingly for noises to complain about. So there's that. In addressing the OP's question, when I'm in offroad mode going up my private road with rocks and ruts, and the chassis is flexing sometimes with the weight shifting back and forth from opposite corners, I can hear panels creaking. I accept that the chassis has a certain amount of flex engineered into it, so that will happen. My '02 allroad wagon was built like a brick house and there was almost none of that. So this is a long way of saying - I wonder if your chassis is as solid as it should be. Do the noises you hear correspond with any particular motion or stress on the vehicle? Have you emptied all the compartments and taken another listen? Sometimes noises come from all the stuff that people let accumulate in their cars.
Old 12-20-2021, 12:06 PM
TJK
AudiWorld Member

Received 202 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Atopper
I have a 2022 Q5 and it has a rattle in the center dash area. I took it to the dealership, did a test drive with the technician , and pin pointed the sound. Two weeks later I received my Q5 back and it still is making the rattling noise. However they took out my front windshield and part of the dash and placed padding all around stating the noise was coming from where windshield and dash meet. Obviously this was not the issue or at least it wasn’t the rattle I complained about. Feeling defeated as I want to love my new Q5 but the rattle drives me crazy.
I doubt they took out your perfectly good windshield to address rattling noises
Old 01-06-2022, 10:30 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Audi SQ5 Rattles All Over

I have a 2020 SQ5 with barely 20K miles on it and my vehicle has been to the shop more than a ****ing human with cancer. I too keep having nothing but rattle noises throughout my entire cabin. My dashboard just started rattling even more when going over bumps or roads. I took it to the shop just recently and the shop Forman drove with me and said he can’t fix all the noises that I will have to live with it! BS. My money has no flaws, why should my car have issues.

I like everyone complaining about their Q5 have issues with it and will sadly be giving it back and never going back to Audi.
The following users liked this post:
austinC6 (09-07-2022)
Old 10-22-2022, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2022 Q5 dash rattle

Originally Posted by Atopper
I have a 2022 Q5 and it has a rattle in the center dash area. I took it to the dealership, did a test drive with the technician , and pin pointed the sound. Two weeks later I received my Q5 back and it still is making the rattling noise. However they took out my front windshield and part of the dash and placed padding all around stating the noise was coming from where windshield and dash meet. Obviously this was not the issue or at least it wasn’t the rattle I complained about. Feeling defeated as I want to love my new Q5 but the rattle drives me crazy.
I have a Q5 2022 Ed 1 and I do hear rattles which seem to be coming from the dash speakers when driving over rough surfaces. To test this I press firmly against the speaker grill while going over the rough road surface and the noise is aupressed until I release it again. It has the Harmon Kardon speakers and it seems as if something inside maybe loose. Also squeaking from the wheels when slowly and firmly applying the brakes but I assume this might be possibly be due to either a bit of rust or the brakes needing a little time to bed in. It's not even a month yet since I've had the car so just monitoring that.
Old 10-22-2022, 02:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by gabatta
This is the thing. If they rip your car apart looking for rattles, there is a good chance that can create new rattles.
this is exactly why I come to forums and YouTube first to try to fix rattles on specific models/years and not dealers unless the problem is unbearable
Old 10-22-2022, 03:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by Jagged Smooth Edge
I have a Q5 2022 Ed 1 and I do hear rattles which seem to be coming from the dash speakers when driving over rough surfaces. To test this I press firmly against the speaker grill while going over the rough road surface and the noise is aupressed until I release it again. It has the Harmon Kardon speakers and it seems as if something inside maybe loose. Also squeaking from the wheels when slowly and firmly applying the brakes but I assume this might be possibly be due to either a bit of rust or the brakes needing a little time to bed in. It's not even a month yet since I've had the car so just monitoring that.
huh?
Old 01-01-2023, 12:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jagged Smooth Edge

I have a 2022 Q5 Prestige. My first rattle happened with the MMI screen at about a year old with 5k miles. It was squeaking one time when it was cold. It was unbearable but went away a few days later. Later, my front passenger seat began to rattle, seems to rattle at a certain position but haven’t heard it in a few days. I installed a 12” speaker in the trunk that I installed 5 months ago and though I either blew out the speaker or something else but turned out to be the trunk floor mat rattling against the back. Right now I have a rattle that I can’t find while driving, sounds like it’s in the trunk. It’s fairly recent. I have a lot of stuff in the back that may rattle and installed a new toddler car seat recently. Another rattle is when I close the drivers door, the sound is in the back. Now, with that 12” speaker, there is a rattle in the sunroof when it’s open and it rattles the hell out of the spoiler. My ***** to the panels in the trunk are all loose. I am wondering what damage the 12” speaker may have caused, I do turn it up loud.
Old 05-15-2023, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by koobah
Got the car in November of last year and after 12k miles it sounds like a 30 year old stagecoach bus. Random creaks, rattles and buzzing noises seem to be coming from everywhere. It would be extremely difficult to pinpoint or bring up to the dealer's attention as there is no one major noise source, just many random ones throughout the interior. I really wanted to like this car and was hoping to keep it for many years, but I'm not sure how much longer I can endure this. The car just does not feel solid. It's my 5th Audi and definitely the worst when it comes to interior rattles. I really don't enjoy the car any more because of this and don't know what to do. Trading it in for a different brand would mean a huge hit. I imagine it will only get worse, especially when temps drop in the winter. Anyone else or am I the only unlucky one here?
I am having a rattle in my 2021 Q5e front dash. Did you figure yours out?