Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Just bought new Sq5

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 05:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought new Sq5

Hey guys I just bought a 2018 sq5 Navarra Blue, but wife hated the chrome. Black optic not out yet but dealership offers full midnight package. So wife was like ok do it. So going to black out window trim, rear diffuser, 21in wheels, front grill and front lower trim. Now only question is, should I black out the side mirrors or keep them aluminum to show off S model distinction. It would look like this pic below but with black wheels to. Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks. Oh and car will be ready next week so will post pics soon
Old 06-20-2017, 06:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I would leave the mirror in Silver, unless your wife is not happy with the look. Congrats on the new SQ5! I'm curious to know more about the midnight package... I'd be interested in getting that done on my Q5 if my dealer orders it. How much are you paying for it?
Old 06-20-2017, 06:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

So that's plus 1 on the silver mirrors. Yes my wife is ok with silver mirrors. The midnight package was 3K but included all silver trims ,wheels and even badges and Audi rings all gloss black.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is this "midnight package" that your dealer is offering? Its not an official audi option correct? Is it just having an outside guy comes in and wrap all the chrome pieces in black vinyl? If so, it maybe worth investigate an outside shop to do it for you and I'm sure will be cheaper than what the dealer will be charging you.

I would also leave the mirror caps in matt silver.

And oh...post lots of pics inside/out when u get your car. Am interested in ordering SQ5 but been holding off temporarily for the Black Optic Package...I'm hoping by fall of this year Audi will offer.

Congrats

Last edited by chucky0731; 06-20-2017 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Correct the Midnight Package is a dealer option not Factory option. I went with dealer because of lifetime Warrenty on the work, plus discounted my car more if I got the midnight package from them. And sure will post pics next week
Old 06-20-2017, 08:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Which interior inlays did you get? I'm guessing carbon for the dark feel?
Old 06-20-2017, 08:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Interior Inlays. Definitely was carbon atlas. For sq5 only way to go. Looks way better then plain aluminum trim.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

If you black out the window trims then it would look like the base (premium) Q5.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Humble Bear
If you black out the window trims then it would look like the base (premium) Q5.
I think you mean if you black out the side mirror's right. Cuz with Audi black optic they black out window trim and use the color of the car as side mirrors. But definitely want the S car distinction so I want to keep the silver mirrors
Old 06-21-2017, 10:48 AM
tgt
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Out of curiosity, what do they charge for the 'midnight' pkg? I would vote for keeping alum mirrors.

-tgt

Quick Reply: Just bought new Sq5