Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Was looking at Q5's with the wife, now we might get a SQ5 - How Much Off?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Was looking at Q5's with the wife, now we might get a SQ5 - How Much Off?

So I really wanted to love this glacier white metallic Q5 with vented front sport seats and a lot of options, but it feels cheap inside (relatively speaking, I do have a 2007 S8 with all the bells and whistles, my interior is over the top). It's $43K, basically has three tiny paint chips on the front, has 3K miles, CPO with about a 4.5 year unlimited mile warranty.

https://www.audimortongrove.com/used...96654ffadf.htm

However, I really didn't like the color and the trim is not what I want.

We were up at another Audi delaer, we really want a Navarra blue car (also looked at an 18 this morning that was used in Navarra blue, but we passed on that) and there was a SQ5 sitting there, has the ventilated seats.....and I realized that they are much nicer material (Milano leather) as compared to the Q5 vented sport seats. This car is for my wife, we drove it, and the interior is such an upgrade with the carbon trim, the double stitching on the doors and center console, the nicer leather, and it does not have a nicks or scratches of a used car.

https://www.audiexchange.com/new/Aud...b969dc4b98.htm

Now I see there are a ton of these in the Chicagoland area.

This is the end of 19, there are a ton of these SQ5's locally, now I am thinking of starting at 20% off MSRP. Am I crazy? I don't think I would buy one if I didn't get 15% off, much more money that we thought we would spend, but I could see that car in our garage and keep it for a long time (5-6 years). Even if my S8 blows up, I could take that car and my wife could get a new one, but I don't think she would part with it.

FYI, she has a 2010 Q5 Prestige with 95K miles, we bought it in 2013.

Here is her car the day we bought it in 2013, which is still in fantastic shape, they offered me $6,250 for it, I know I could sell it for $10K in less than a week myself. It's super clean.

Last edited by PaulW; 08-17-2019 at 06:24 PM.
Old 08-18-2019, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I did the same thing-looking at the Q5 and bought the SQ5 for the performance. Since then I’ve had a loaner and can’t believe the difference. The Loaner was decently equipped but just seemed cheap in comparison. Our SQ has been pretty much trouble free except for a thermostat failure.

I doubt you will find 20% or even 15% but it’s worth a try. Invoice is about 6% discount and true dealer cost might be 12% or a tad more. The factory incentives and loyalty discount would need to be factored into the deal but incentives normally peak after the next Gen. arrives. In a large car market like Chicago there are probably some regional incentives. You might look at some of the Web sources for better numbers and current incentives. TruCar is one I’ve used in the past. Costco has some Audi’s listed in their incentive program currently.
Old 08-18-2019, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

20% off? LOL.

2020 won’t hit dealer lots for months.
Old 08-18-2019, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can get 20% off. There r several examples on the board. Just wait for the end of the quarter. Deals on 19's r to be had, last quarter Audi had 3x the incentives on a Q5 as opposed to a Q7. Not sure about this quarter.
Old 08-18-2019, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

20% sounds very difficult, but with incentives etc. you may be able to get near 15%.
Old 08-18-2019, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Get what your gut is telling you. I have a "loaded" '19 SQ5 with the ventilated seats and carbon fiber interior trim. Love the Navarra ;-)
I ordered from factory last October (picked up in March) and got almost 10% off at the time.

Old 08-18-2019, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 132 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Parallax
20% sounds very difficult, but with incentives etc. you may be able to get near 15%.
+1
In my area the incentives are $1750 right now. That would be a tad under 3% on a roughly 63,000 list price. Add that to about 12%, which by the way is a very generous discount, and you have the 15% total. As far as 20%, I can't say that I remember seeing anything close to that total while I have been on this site.
That said, if you can check the value of your trade and get the dealer to boost that over the "average" trade price for your area, you could say that you are getting a greater % off. But that is kinda playing with words.
At any rate, good luck to OP.......
Old 08-18-2019, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

For SQ5 - you can get about 12% off that price + incentives (eg. summer of Audi). I believe it is a fixed amount they will take off regardless of MSRP, so the higher the MSRP, the lower the %.
Old 08-20-2019, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had tons of Q5 loaners - but recently picked up a 2019 SQ5. Here is a brief rundown of the differences I find to be of most significant feel -

1. SQ5 even on COMFORT setting, on air suspension rides bouncier then Q5 (when both equipped with 20" wheels)

2. SQ5 feels HEAVIER then the Q5 (and it IS by about 350 lbs). What it carries extra in heft it picks up in HP and torque. Yes it IS a quick suv, but for daily duties Q5 is no slouch either - and Q5 benefits from the dual clutch transmission whereas the SQ5 has the automatic.

3. SQ5 exhaust, even in comfort sound setting emits a growl. It is always present especially accelerating from 0-50. Car sounds good on dynamic sound setting with a bit of extra noise through the soundkator.

At highway speeds cruising both cars are about same noise level. Q5 is quieter just driving around town - think more luxury car, whereas SQ5 is more Sports Wagon.

4. SQ5 specific touches are great - upgraded interior (including ability to choose napa quilted seats, carbon trim, flat bottom steering wheel, red brake calipers, and subtle front/rear bumper upgrades). I also went with a color not available on the Q5 in the US (Quantum Gray) - and it definitely looks sporty especially with the black optic package.

5. SQ5 transforms into a slightly taller sedan in dynamic setting (with air suspension and sports package). I had fun pushing her through hills of Flagstaff (Arizona) last weekend. While it's no sports car, it does offer more driver feedback and engagement over the Q5.

6. SQ5 gas mileage sucks if your driving style is anywhere close to sporty. Around city I've been getting 16-17MPG. Q5 beats it in this category.

Either way you get a great car - but think about some of your values and priorities before making the leap.

Last edited by socialpro; 08-20-2019 at 10:37 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by socialpro:
bObaBaLLa (08-20-2019), JT4 (08-23-2019), katzjamr (08-21-2019)
Old 08-20-2019, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks like you are in Phoenix and or Tucson. I hope you went up 89a such a beautiful area!
I'm down in Tucson (Vail actually)
-Aaron

Quick Reply: Was looking at Q5's with the wife, now we might get a SQ5 - How Much Off?