Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

My 2018 Q5 prestige order with DAP and winter package is delayed

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 08:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by peacefulwarrior
I got the same reason for delay.( shortage of 20 inch wheel package)
Looks like its 3 to 4 month wait period.
3-4 months is what I was told when I ordered mine June 26th. My order showed a production complete date of 9/8 and showed up on the dealers site 9/11. I also received an email from Audi 9/11 stating that production was complete. showing dealer delivery 9/14-10/12 ETA
For what it is worth it is a prestige with DAP, trailer hitch, paint protection, cold weather, grey oak inlays & Audi beam rings.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by cakasky
@vikingshrink Ask about the logistic issues such as accidents seen here that go unexplained. Here.

When I asked, I got crickets and a very quick change in topics.
Great, an accident which you have no information about and are speculating is Audi's fault. Harvey/Irma/Jose are all also Audi's fault.
That 8.0+ earthquake, definitely Audi's fault.

Stuff happens out of their control, accept it.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NeedMoreHP
Great, an accident which you have no information about and are speculating is Audi's fault. Harvey/Irma/Jose are all also Audi's fault.

I agree, the logistics company Audi hired had an accident and wasn't exactly Audi's fault. However, I would claim it is their responsibility and should not skirt the faults of their subcontractors.

On the brighter note, for scenarios of natural disasters such as earthquakes and hurricanes my heart does go out to all those affected and safety is very important. Audi has taken appropriate actions and rerouted some of our transports to take a different route as a result. So kudo's to Audi for that.

I in no means was blaming Audi for what was their sub-contractor's fault, however, being our front facing interface does require some form of responsibility. IMO
Old 09-13-2017, 10:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Of course these natural disasters aren't Audi's fault. But you know what IS Audi's fault? The inability to provide helpful information and updates to their customers. It's 2017, how can they not have a Dominos-like build process where you can track what stage your order is in? Why do I need to repeatedly call/e-mail my SA, just to get a "nothing new to report, I have no idea what's going on with your vehicle" answer?

Please don't make excuses for a company that is literally making buckets of cash off of their customers. It's our responsibility to hold them accountable for their lackluster ordering process. If we don't, who will?

Last edited by Garrett Gyssler; 09-13-2017 at 10:35 AM.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Garrett Gyssler
Of course these natural disasters aren't Audi's fault. But you know what IS Audi's fault? The inability to provide helpful information and updates to their customers. It's 2017, how can they not have a Dominio's-like build process where you can track what stage your order is in? Why do I need to repeatedly call/e-mail my SA, just to get a "nothing new to report, I have no idea what's going on with your vehicle" answer?

Please don't make excuses for a company that is literally making buckets of cash off of their customers. It's our responsibility to hold them accountable for their lackluster ordering process. If we don't, who will?
So are you inferring it's better with BMW? From experience, theirs is just as bad (if not worse)
Old 09-13-2017, 10:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

So are you inferring it's better with BMW? From experience, theirs is just as bad (if not worse)
Why do we need to compare one car manufacturer's ordering process to another? I'm not buying a BMW, I bought an Audi. It should therefore be Audi's responsibility (and in their best interest to keep their customer happy) to provide me with timely updates and details on my order.

They literally just built this new plant in Mexico. How could they not include some sort of automated system that interfaces with their ordering process? We have the technology, it's not complicated.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Why do we need to compare one car manufacturer's ordering process to another? I'm not buying a BMW, I bought an Audi. It should therefore be Audi's responsibility (and in their best interest to keep their customer happy) to provide me with timely updates and details on my order.

They literally just built this new plant in Mexico. How could they not include some sort of automated system that interfaces with their ordering process? We have the technology, it's not complicated.
Oh they totally have the technology, they know exactly where the car is via GPS of the car itself, ship, train, or truck.

There's a reason they don't want you to have all the info. They don't want you to know all the details in case (for instance) your semi truck carrying your car rolls over. If they said "your car is in the Port of Houston" when Harvey hit, you'd be freaking out calling Audi USA, dealer, etc.

Less is more in some cases.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default They can't use automated system if they are not going to follow it.

I believe the reason Audi will/cannot give you accurate production schedules is because they are inserting orders from influential dealers ahead of orders already scheduled. I ordered my Q5 Prestige on March 3. My only option is adaptive suspension. My due date changed from 6/21 to 8/1 to 8/15 to 9/21. So I will be waiting 6-1/2 months or longer. I believe if I ordered from a larger dealer with multiple Audi locations like Penske Automotive (13 Audi dealerships in US) I would have had my Q5 already.
Old 09-14-2017, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Production of my vehicle was completed on September 1. According to my sales associate my Q5 prestige with driver assistance package is waiting to be shipped to Rhode Island. It appears it has not left Mexico yet which is not much of a surprise based on all of the hurricane activity. The final date for its arrival at my dealer in Richmond VA was October 5. I’m beginning to wonder if it’s going to make that. This is one of those unpredictable things unlike those who were delayed because of a wheel shortage. Yes I’m very anxious to get my car but there’s not a whole lot I can do about it.

Originally Posted by plumber212
3-4 months is what I was told when I ordered mine June 26th. My order showed a production complete date of 9/8 and showed up on the dealers site 9/11. I also received an email from Audi 9/11 stating that production was complete. showing dealer delivery 9/14-10/12 ETA
For what it is worth it is a prestige with DAP, trailer hitch, paint protection, cold weather, grey oak inlays & Audi beam rings.
Old 09-14-2017, 05:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Lifeski
Production of my vehicle was completed on September 1. According to my sales associate my Q5 prestige with driver assistance package is waiting to be shipped to Rhode Island. It appears it has not left Mexico yet which is not much of a surprise based on all of the hurricane activity. The final date for its arrival at my dealer in Richmond VA was October 5. I’m beginning to wonder if it’s going to make that. This is one of those unpredictable things unlike those who were delayed because of a wheel shortage. Yes I’m very anxious to get my car but there’s not a whole lot I can do about it.
Ours had build week 36, and I was surprised to see it show up on dealer site last week. SA seemed to confirm it's built, just waiting. Hoping ours comes in by the end of September/early October like yours.

Our dealer changed specs on an order already in the system July 1st - Prestige with DAP, cold and warm weather with gray oak - but with all the delay talk I am surprised to see it's "on track". Hoping we get it soon, but it is what it is. I feel for those who have been waiting 4-6 months.

Quick Reply: My 2018 Q5 prestige order with DAP and winter package is delayed