Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

My 2018 Q5 prestige order with DAP and winter package is delayed

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 10:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cakasky
Be patient and keep in touch with your SA. I pick mine up in 9.5 hours and am having a hard time getting some decent sleep.
wow certainly rooting for you man. You've waited patiently for a long time!
Old 10-19-2017, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Seems like things are really all over the place with timing/delays. I ordered a Q5 Prestige w/20" wheels, DAP, warm and cold weather packages - all of the things that have been associated with delays - and it arrived on the dealer lot here in New Hampshire today, 3 months plus 1 week after ordering and almost exactly to the day predicted when I ordered. I feel for those of you waiting months longer than that.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

The only option I ordered was the Convenience Package and I live in LA, 2 hours from the San Diego port. I waited 4 months+1 week.
I finally got it last Thurs.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by vikingshrink
My original promised delivery date was August 30. I ordered it in early June so the original estimate was 3 months "at most" for delivery. We are now headed for 5 months and counting with no VIN number or delivery date as of this posting for my Q5 Prestige with DAP
Man, this whole adventure sucks royal *****. The only thing that works in your favor is that you're waiting for one of the best SUV's on the market now. Prestige is the way to go for all the fancy tech in this car 'cause you don't want to be outdated 1-2 years down the road. SQ5 is the best car now but my guess is you don't really need the adjustable air suspension, so Q5 is your best move. I wish the M-company would pull their heads out of their collective asses but I'm not optimistic on AMG. Right now, in the $50K-$80K range there is only Audi and Volvo that offer anything worth paying for. It pains me to say as an old M-fan but M-company has sunk and makes dumb design decisions. I mean look at the competition:

1. No virtual cockpit. 20-century old tech. They still haven't migrated their E-class tech to SUVs.
2. Blind spot monitor embedded as a red blinker in the mirror. I guess nobody bothered to drive it at night when lots of red taillights are reflect in the mirror and you have to squint to distinguish it from other reflected red lights that are abundant at night.
3. A fingerprint magnet. Looks hideous with greasy fingerprints after you touch a few things. In addition, it easily scratches if you drop your phone. The most noticeable place in the cabin is the most likely to get scratched if you drop anything on it.

I don't want to turn this into a bash thread but who the F would pay $65K for the car like that? Another great company, B-company got too arrogant about their (admittedly superior) drive train and missed the technology revolution and interior design quality. L-brand is nothing but an also-ran, a pretender. Maserati and Macan are trying to come down from luxury into the comfort car segment but they're not there yet because they don't have a virtual cockpit. There is a frigging desert in the $50K-$80K range, just the A-company and Volvo trying to disrupt it. Very disappointing that Audi and Volvo are the only ones who want $65K for a modern car and the rest forgot what it means to ENGINEER better cars. I guess they just frigging outsourced their brains along with their engineering staffs. Very f-ing sad.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default still waiting at 5 months for prestige Q5 with DAP

i was told 2 weeks ago by Sales manager that Audi said car, after nearly 5 months was close to entering production and they'd call me in a day or two with VIN. Needless to say, 2 weeks later, no VIN or proof of entering production. As people have noted, audi has no credibility with me. Make a great car but lie to their most loyal customers??? Makes no sense. I continue to wait, 5 months plus and counting........ Help!!!!!!! Shall i go buy the new BMW X3??? or Volvo XC 60????
Old 10-24-2017, 08:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

i was told 2 weeks ago by Sales manager that Audi said car, after nearly 5 months was close to entering production and they'd call me in a day or two with VIN. Needless to say, 2 weeks later, no VIN or proof of entering production. As people have noted, audi has no credibility with me. Make a great car but lie to their most loyal customers??? Makes no sense. I continue to wait, 5 months plus and counting........ Help!!!!!!! Shall i go buy the new BMW X3??? or Volvo XC 60????
where are you located? Seems that has a lot to do with it... ?
Old 10-24-2017, 09:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Check the Audi website for inventory and maybe you will find something similar in the dealerships near you.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Cancel your order and go into the waiting mode. 2018 X3 has just started shipping at the dealers with no virtual cockpit. Go for it if it's not a deal breaker for you. I suspect it will become a deal breaker for many buyers 1-3 years down the road. XC60 is a good alternative if you have tolerance fingerprint magnets, frozen destination midway, and questionable support by Volvo going forward. Personally, it's too much of a risk for me. MB is a complete mess right now. If you can tolerance 1-2 years delay I'd advise you to wait. SUV market is in the midst of a major shakeup right now with very few good choices. Audi will probably try to milk the cow as they are the only ones with the virtual cockpit. Too bad, the auto company best positioned to become the Apple of the auto-world chooses to milk the cow instead of becoming the default leader. If that's the case their C*O positions are a ****-show who deserve to be fires with no golden parachutes. If they choose to ship the full featured SUVs in the next 1-2 years you'll know that they're for real. Not today though. Not today. EP: I'll probably be banned for honest and non-PC non-SJW filtered feedback soon.
Old 10-26-2017, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

good news i think. i have just been told by sales manager that audi now reports that, after 5 months, 2018 Q5 prestige with DAP seems to be in production with estimated delivery in 3 weeks. i'll keep you posted.