Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

My 2018 SQ5 gets a Carbon Fiber/Alcantara Steering Wheel with Red Stitching! Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts
Default My 2018 SQ5 gets a Carbon Fiber/Alcantara Steering Wheel with Red Stitching! Pics!

Hi everyone, so after a tedious six week wait, my steering wheel from Alex at Europrice finally got delivered over the weekend. I had a chance this morning to have it installed. Guys, I have to say it is AMAZING!! So worth the wait!! The fit, the feel, the quality, even the smell of it! I absolutely love it. A bunch of service guys at the dealership where I had it installed in New York came over to ask questions about it. Pictures honestly do not do it justice. I tried to take a bunch from many angles. There were so many choices and options: leather or alcantara, black or red, the lower spokes in aluminum or carbon, what color stitching, 12 o' clock marker. In the end I went with glossy carbon top and bottom, alcantara sides with red deviated stitching to match my Magma Red Leather seats. (I think they actually changed the picture on their website and it's my exact wheel: https://europrice.us/steering-wheel-...at-bottom-1275 )
Please let me know what you think of it! Thanks in advance guys.

My 2018 SQ5 gets a Carbon Fiber/Alcantara Steering Wheel with Red Stitching! Pics!-6tc9zbi.jpg

My 2018 SQ5 gets a Carbon Fiber/Alcantara Steering Wheel with Red Stitching! Pics!-bdfh1qn.jpg

My 2018 SQ5 gets a Carbon Fiber/Alcantara Steering Wheel with Red Stitching! Pics!-jksuhdz.jpg

My 2018 SQ5 gets a Carbon Fiber/Alcantara Steering Wheel with Red Stitching! Pics!-h4toey9.jpg

My 2018 SQ5 gets a Carbon Fiber/Alcantara Steering Wheel with Red Stitching! Pics!-6csup18.jpg

My 2018 SQ5 gets a Carbon Fiber/Alcantara Steering Wheel with Red Stitching! Pics!-fqfeprh.jpg

My 2018 SQ5 gets a Carbon Fiber/Alcantara Steering Wheel with Red Stitching! Pics!-jagcd9j.jpg

My 2018 SQ5 gets a Carbon Fiber/Alcantara Steering Wheel with Red Stitching! Pics!-iii4qjx.jpg

My 2018 SQ5 gets a Carbon Fiber/Alcantara Steering Wheel with Red Stitching! Pics!-omgvyy5.jpg

My 2018 SQ5 gets a Carbon Fiber/Alcantara Steering Wheel with Red Stitching! Pics!-9abmidl.jpg

My 2018 SQ5 gets a Carbon Fiber/Alcantara Steering Wheel with Red Stitching! Pics!-tqh6zce.jpg

My 2018 SQ5 gets a Carbon Fiber/Alcantara Steering Wheel with Red Stitching! Pics!-qrr6g5x.jpg

My 2018 SQ5 gets a Carbon Fiber/Alcantara Steering Wheel with Red Stitching! Pics!-bqmtr20.jpg

My 2018 SQ5 gets a Carbon Fiber/Alcantara Steering Wheel with Red Stitching! Pics!-w9hyxge.jpg

My 2018 SQ5 gets a Carbon Fiber/Alcantara Steering Wheel with Red Stitching! Pics!-zztmh0l.jpg

Old 01-09-2019, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great! Too bad you can't get it heated.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

yes, looks awesome. love the red stitching.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:31 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats! That wheel retails for a little over $590, how much was it for the Alcantara and carbon fiber?
Old 01-10-2019, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

That looks amazing!! Congrats! Curious, did your Audi dealer do the install? If so may I ask what they charged and did they transplant the airbag from your prior wheel or how does it all work? Thanks!! Again, looks awesome!!
Old 01-10-2019, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

That looks so sick!
Old 01-11-2019, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by -hef-
yes, looks awesome. love the red stitching.
Thank you so much! I am really super happy with it!

Originally Posted by Steve C
Looks great! Too bad you can't get it heated.
Yup it is too bad it can't be had heated however I was one of those people that really didn't care for the round heated steering wheel. I was flat bottom all the way so I'm not losing any functionality. But I can certainly respect those that are die hard heated steering wheel guys.

Originally Posted by Allroading17
Congrats! That wheel retails for a little over $590, how much was it for the Alcantara and carbon fiber?
A bunch more than $590! Just shy of $2k.

Originally Posted by Meyecul
That looks amazing!! Congrats! Curious, did your Audi dealer do the install? If so may I ask what they charged and did they transplant the airbag from your prior wheel or how does it all work? Thanks!! Again, looks awesome!!
Thank you so much for the kind words! Yes the dealership swapped my existing airbag into the new wheel. It cost just over $200 to install and took a little over an hour. I definitely recommend this to anyone.

Originally Posted by Chawski
That looks so sick!
Thanks man!!
Old 01-11-2019, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Location: Vancouver, BC w/ a 2018 SQ5 Technik, FULLY loaded. Wow, you can really put a lot of info in here!
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That looks super hot! Congratulations!
I have had similar wheels in a couple AMG's and it really is hard in pics to show how that really makes the cabin pop, but it makes all the difference in the world, and makes the vehicle look super posh.
Great work!

Now lets hope people dont start hitting the quote button and re-posting all those pics lol
Old 01-11-2019, 07:49 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

What a great looking wheel...
Old 01-11-2019, 08:25 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

[quote=BrooklynSQ5].A bunch more than $590! Just shy of $2k.

Interesting. Audi doesn't sell the carbon fiber or Alcantara combination as an option in Audi exclusive, so this must have been contracted separately as well NOT from Audi. $1000+ seems excessive for carbon fiber and Alcantara additions, looks nice though and I'm sure feels great!

Quick Reply: My 2018 SQ5 gets a Carbon Fiber/Alcantara Steering Wheel with Red Stitching! Pics!