Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Privacy message every time engine starts

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2022, 08:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Privacy message every time engine starts

The last few days the attached message pops up. I clicked on "to privacy settings" but did not change anything. I have not clicked on "do not show again." When I click on "to privacy settings" the top item "activate privacy mode" is set to "off". Under that there is a heading "online services" with three settings, all set "on" ("Use personal data", "Use vehicle position" and "Share vehicle position").
There's another heading "data collection" with two settings under it. The first "data collection request from MyAudi" is greyed out; the second is "Pseudonymized data for product development" which is set to "on."
Any ideas on whether this message will automatically go away? What will happen if I set "activate privacy mode" to "on?" Are there OTA updates and such that I'd lose if I activate privacy mode?
Does anyone have a suggestion for how I should configure the settings here? I am sort of a privacy freak but don't want to risk not receiving OTA updates. Maybe the fact that the "MyAudi requests" function is greyed out and I can't change it handles this concern?
Help!
Should I just click "don't show again" and forget about it. I feel I am being snooped on

by corporate Audi, a sucky feeling.
Old 09-15-2022, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

I think I pressed Do not show again on day one and never even thought about it...
Old 09-17-2022, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by DirkM
I think I pressed Do not show again on day one and never even thought about it...
Thanks, I followed suit!
Too much time on my hands I guess lol
Old 11-28-2023, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Responding for those facing the same issue.

Privacy mode is set to off once it arrives at the dealership, this is so the proper downloads can take place. Once that's done, privacy mode is recommended to stay off, but do choose as you wish.

In order to get rid of this initial privacy note popping up every time you turn on the car, you either have to: 1) press Do not show again, or 2) create yourself a myaudi user profile, or local user profile, log into that profile you created, and then click on "do not show again".

This message usually keeps on popping up when the car is in guest mode.
Old 03-03-2024, 12:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixed

Originally Posted by Zachary Zapata ASATX
Responding for those facing the same issue.

Privacy mode is set to off once it arrives at the dealership, this is so the proper downloads can take place. Once that's done, privacy mode is recommended to stay off, but do choose as you wish.

In order to get rid of this initial privacy note popping up every time you turn on the car, you either have to: 1) press Do not show again, or 2) create yourself a myaudi user profile, or local user profile, log into that profile you created, and then click on "do not show again".

This message usually keeps on popping up when the car is in guest mode.
my car had no option to press do not show again because it was shaded out. After 18 months the car needed a service check. They advised there was a recall and that it needed a software up date. This means you can now get rid of the message. It taken a long time for them to tell me about this recall. It also solved the matter of losing all my recent destinations and home saving destination. Shouldn’t have had to wait this long.