Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Share one myAudi account or have separate ones?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2022, 11:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Tesla1856
Sorry, I found it.

Yes, it knows it is me. However, that appears to be a global setting in the App, and doesn't change when I switch vehicles in the App.
Perhaps, since the app see you as a Key User on one of the cars, it doesn’t make the distinction when you switch cars on the app? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. But since we only have one Audi now, think best solution is just have both phones logged in with Primary Info to get the remote functionality working.

Old 01-25-2022, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 231 Likes on 164 Posts

2. They came here, posted, and were obviously looking for answers.

What are you talking about ?

We are talking about setting up technology and accounts on Audi cars. Between the key-fobs assigned to Primary drivers, myAudi accounts, getting both vehicles to show in everyone's Apps, Key-User, Secondary drivers, etc
... it's the best way to accomplish all that.
It's your choice of language that is utterly ridiculous.

While you can barely get-by with it (with just one newer Audi vehicle in the family) I think deep-down you know that sharing (or impersonating or masquerading) was not right.
You are accusing him of "impersonating or masquerading" as someone else and that "deep down he should know it's not right".

Seriously...?
The following users liked this post:
coch (07-25-2023)
Old 01-25-2022, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 169 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Iain_B
It's your choice of language that is utterly ridiculous.

You are accusing him of "impersonating or masquerading" as someone else and that "deep down he should know it's not right".

Seriously...?
Dude, talk about the grammar police. I think I just got pulled over.

I'm just trying to help. It's the technical content of my posts that is important.

In the IT-World, when the software-platform provides a way for an Administrator to login as someone else (so they can see a user's credential-level or permission-levels in action) ... that feature is often called Masquerading or Impersonating.

And once more, he was pretty sure that Audi must have thought of this scenario and made some kind of provision to allow it to work. He felt his current work-around wasn't quite right, and posted here looking for answers.

Old 01-25-2022, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 231 Likes on 164 Posts

Dude, talk about the grammar police. I think I just got pulled over.

I'm just trying to help. It's the technical content of my posts that is important.

In the IT-World, when the software-platform provides a way for an Administrator to login as someone else (so they can see a user's credential-level or permission-levels in action) ... that feature is often called Masquerading or Impersonating.
I made no comment on your grammar.

Words have meaning. Spend more time thinking about the words you use - specifically the part of your post that keep ignoring where you told the OP that "deep down you should know it's not right". That's attacking this person's character, even though it doesn't even apply here.
coch (07-25-2023)
Old 01-25-2022, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 169 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Iain_B
Words have meaning.
They certainly do.

With all your posts, you have added nothing to this thread or with helping the OP and others with their similar issue.
coch (08-07-2023)
Old 01-28-2022, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Here’s a basic question. How do I create a My Audi account? I get nothing but errors. My wife is setup as the key user of the vehicle but I have no way to create my own account so that I can be added as a secondary user, to have my own profile and settings on the car. Also, you can link your key fobs to your profile? How do you do this?
Old 01-28-2022, 08:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by willbm3
Here’s a basic question. How do I create a My Audi account? I get nothing but errors. My wife is setup as the key user of the vehicle but I have no way to create my own account so that I can be added as a secondary user, to have my own profile and settings on the car. Also, you can link your key fobs to your profile? How do you do this?
1) Assuming you’re in US, go to AudiUSA.com and create account here https://identity.na.vwgroup.io/signi...d1b79487fd1220

2) Once account created, you can add car by adding same VIN number. According to Audi, the first person that associates to new VIN is the Primary Driver (and usually the Key User if the dealership registered your same credentials), and then any subsequent account associated with the VIN automatically becomes a secondary Authorized Driver. Think you also need to verify account via emails, so check emails.

3) Create 4 digit pin as the secondary driver.

4) Make sure you have the key fob to which you want to designate to this driver in the car (and ONLY this key fob).

5) Go to car settings and create new profile in car for secondary driver by going Car settings>Users>Add new user. It will ask to create user from “Login” or “Local user” (Car only). Choose “Login” and enter in the secondary driver info used on account.

6) Then you can make all the changes unique to that secondary driver profile: Seats, Mirrors, Drive Modes, MMI, Favorites, Media Favorites, Navigation destinations, Vehicles settings, etc.

7) Lock the car with key fob. This will “associate” all the personal settings for the secondary driver to that key fob.

Note: You technically don’t need to create a unique MyAudi Account to do steps 4-7, and you would just create a second user locally to the car only on Step 5 and not throuhh My Audi website.

The secondary user can also login into the MyAudi phone App on their phone using their account login and then add VIN (if it doesn’t automatically load the car for them already). HOWEVER, One issue which I haven’t been able to figure out is how to get the Secondary user all the app features working like remote lock/unlock, check car status, remote climate control (e-tron).

Hope this helps.

Last edited by ONI1013; 01-29-2022 at 07:03 PM.
itcsburnett (05-24-2022)
Old 01-28-2022, 08:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ONI1013
1) Assuming you’re in US, go to AudiUSA.com and create account here https://identity.na.vwgroup.io/signi...d1b79487fd1220

2) Once account created, you can add car by adding same VIN number. According to Audi, the first person that associates to new VIN is the Primary Driver (and usually the Key User if the dealership registered your same credentials), and then any subsequent account associated with the VIN automatically becomes a secondary Authorized Driver. Think you also need to verify account via emails, so check emails.

3) Create 4 digit pin as the secondary driver.

4) Make sure you have the key fob to which you want to designate to this driver in the car (and ONLY this key fob).

5) Go to car settings and create new profile in car for secondary driver by going Car settings>Users>Add new user. It will ask to create user from “Login” or “Local user” (Car only). Choose “Login” and enter in the secondary driver info used on account.

6) Then you can make all the changes unique to that secondary driver profile: Seats, Mirrors, Drive Modes, MMI, Favorites, Media Favorites, Navigation destinations, Vehicles settings, etc.

7) Lock the car with key fob. This will “associate” all the personal settings for the secondary driver to that key fob.

Note: You technically don’t need to to create a unique MyAudi Account to do steps 4-7, and you would just create a second user locally to the car only on Step 5 and not throuhh My Audi website.

The secondary user can also login into the MyAudi phone App on their phone using their account login and then add VIN (if it doesn’t automatically load the car for them already). HOWEVER, One issue which I haven’t been able to figure out is how to get the Secondary user all the app features working like remote lock/unlock, check car status, remote climate control (e-tron).

Hope this helps.
THANK YOU. All of that makes perfect sense and how I imagined it should work. My problem is that I am stuck on step 1 (or maybe 2). I seem to crests an account with all of my info and it asks me for the VIN. I put in the VIN, it thinks for a moment, then backs me out and resets the entire process. I’ve tried it on my phone browser, laptop, and app and get the same results with each. I feel like if I could just create the account I could take care of the rest.
Old 01-28-2022, 09:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by willbm3
THANK YOU. All of that makes perfect sense and how I imagined it should work. My problem is that I am stuck on step 1 (or maybe 2). I seem to crests an account with all of my info and it asks me for the VIN. I put in the VIN, it thinks for a moment, then backs me out and resets the entire process. I’ve tried it on my phone browser, laptop, and app and get the same results with each. I feel like if I could just create the account I could take care of the rest.
That’s odd. So you were successful in creating the MyAudi account, but when you got to stage where you can add new VIN, it just glitches and resets? If so, have you tried adding yourself as second user directly through the car using the login info?

Last edited by ONI1013; 01-28-2022 at 09:55 PM.
Old 01-29-2022, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ONI1013
That’s odd. So you were successful in creating the MyAudi account, but when you got to stage where you can add new VIN, it just glitches and resets? If so, have you tried adding yourself as second user directly through the car using the login info?
No I haven’t tried through the car. I’m also not positive I’ve successfully created a My Audi account. Every time I “login” I have to go through the process of adding my personal information, then get to the VIN screen, then it glitches out. And if I try to send myself an invite to be a secondary user using the Audi app on my wife’s phone, I also get an error.

Quick Reply: Share one myAudi account or have separate ones?