Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Speaker Volume?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker Volume?

Is the display on the screen right? That is, does that bar actually fill all the way across? I want to say I've never reached the halfway point in fear of blowing my speakers or my eardrums.

(I have the B&O speakers)

Old 03-19-2019, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by jschille
Is the display on the screen right? That is, does that bar actually fill all the way across? I want to say I've never reached the halfway point in fear of blowing my speakers or my eardrums.

(I have the B&O speakers)
We've been waiting for you to come along, try it and tell the rest of us the result.......LOL
I have hearing aids and without them, I have never gone more than a third across. With them in, almost always about a quarter across and I like the radio loud. The B & O system is excellent.
Old 03-19-2019, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ronsal
We've been waiting for you to come along, try it and tell the rest of us the result.......LOL
I have hearing aids and without them, I have never gone more than a third across. With them in, almost always about a quarter across and I like the radio loud. The B & O system is excellent.
So funny I was just thinking about this today. I just have the regular stereo, and I never go higher that about 1/4 or 1/3 and I like music pretty loud too. And I’m 46 so my hearing isn’t too bad yet.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is a pretty accurate representation. With the B&O I couldn't turn it up to half volume because it sounded so bad. Now that I have replaced everything after the MMI with thousands of watts of quality electronic components and much better speakers I'm at max volume almost daily.
Old 03-25-2019, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts

I love the B&O as well and have never gotten it past 50% as that's plenty loud. Well worth it.
Old 03-26-2019, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

yeah, same for me. plenty of volume at 1/3rd.