Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

SQ5 Fuel Pump?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 12:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SQ5 Fuel Pump?

Anyone else gotten this? Mine popped a Chrismas Tree of Check Engine Lights (P0089) on 28AUG - at first they said "fuel pressure sensor", and the first part they shipped was not the same part inside the box as it said outside. 2 days delay. then the part arrived, but didnt fix the code. Next up is to replace the fuel pump. They "come from germany", even tho my sq5 came from mexico. its 25SEP, and i get a call - back ordered from the vendor, still not even shipped, maybe another 10 days.

meanwhile i'm driving a sewing-machine powered A4 loaner car, for which i'm grateful, but yikes. maybe i'll get the difference in a months payment for A4/SQ5 as compensation

Old 09-25-2018, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry for your situation

It’s normal practice as parts in Mexico are only allocated for new production not service. Dealer stock with parts especially not wear and tear items is no different for any first year production vehicle.
Old 09-27-2018, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 326 Likes on 254 Posts

Car might be assembled in Mexico, but the parts come from a variety of countries. "Made in Mexico" is nothing more than "Assembled in Mexico" (Same deal if it was made in Germany).
Old 09-27-2018, 06:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

i get that the pumps may be from (other than mexico), but was thinking it was the best shot at a few spare ones. hell, if they dont have any in mexico, then SQ5's must be on a manufacturing hold.
heading into the 6th week of downtime for a car that is nominally "under warranty" seems a bit much, even in first year of production
Old 09-27-2018, 07:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by hornpolish
i get that the pumps may be from (other than mexico), but was thinking it was the best shot at a few spare ones. hell, if they dont have any in mexico, then SQ5's must be on a manufacturing hold.
heading into the 6th week of downtime for a car that is nominally "under warranty" seems a bit much, even in first year of production

as already mentioned, parts in Mexico are for manufacturing not for service. Not one car manufacturer is going to ship you parts for service that are delegated to manufacturing. This is completely different parts stock.
Old 09-28-2018, 07:14 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

A large majority of the parts for the Q5 are made in Mexico. If you look under the car and look closely and parts you'd be supprised how many parts have either "Hecho en Mexico" or "Made in Mexico". It's a smarter move, less transportation costs to move the parts to the factory's then if German made
Old 09-28-2018, 08:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

thanks for the info; i'm a tad not-bemused by the optics of "we have pumps for new cars; just not any for you suckers for whom we allready built and have banked the purchase price for".
i understand it is "completely different parts stock".
i dont understand when one inventory goes to ZERO, they dont borrow from the other

[but there is lots i dont understand, like why tyhey dont just let me use the R8 in the showroom as the loaner car :-)]

Q7 loaner drives nicely in dynamic, but munches gas more handsomely that the SQ5
Waze works in carplay since ios12 - yay
Boy Howdy have i ever gotten used the the driver assistance. adaptive speed and lane control make a commute much less stressful.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 326 Likes on 254 Posts

That's not how manufacturing works. The plant will get (aka buy) inventory to satisfy the needs of the production run. If they start cannibalizing inventory, then the whole plant stops because a fuel pump was shipped to a customer.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Wires
That's not how manufacturing works. The plant will get (aka buy) inventory to satisfy the needs of the production run. If they start cannibalizing inventory, then the whole plant stops because a fuel pump was shipped to a customer.
x2 brother

Thanks for getting to him first
Old 09-28-2018, 11:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

yes, i can see we are not connecting.

i bought an audi; two things that should operate successfully are manufacturing and after-delivery service. if either one breaks down, customer sat goes in the cra**er.

i should probably reframe my issue as "no parts inventory" to save the manufacturing people from mansplaining me how manufacturing works.
i dont care quite so much about that, as i car that my car works :-(
this would be an issue for audiHQ to address. they should oversee both to the usual high standards of Audi.

6weeks without a fuel pump is not what i expect of AUDI.DE, and i was asking if others had experienced such poor logistics from a premium brand

Quick Reply: SQ5 Fuel Pump?