Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

SQ5 - Lowering Air Suspension Equipped

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rob O
Meanwhile ... I'm riding lower, the ride is as good as stock (and less harsh with the 20s) and I have zero complaints with links vs hack. :P
Im likely to go with the links, but probably the ones that come from UK as they’re adjustable without removing anything. From your pics it appears you have to remove at least one end to adjust. Do you have any concerns about how much of the threaded portion is in each end, or are they marked somehow to assure each end is sufficiently attached. Can I ask what yours cost, as you said they were pricey?
Old 06-30-2018, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rob O & cmaoore 86 - Did you make any camber adjustments after installing the links? Also, did you get an alignment after? I know its a good idea but I've hear mix reviews.
Old 07-02-2018, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ADG05
Rob O & cmaoore 86 - Did you make any camber adjustments after installing the links? Also, did you get an alignment after? I know its a good idea but I've hear mix reviews.
As far as I know there is nothing out yet for front camber adjustments and the OEM air suspension only allows adjustment in the rear. I definitely did get an alignment after lowering for sure. The toe needed the most adjustment according to my shop.
Old 07-02-2018, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by cmoore86
As far as I know there is nothing out yet for front camber adjustments and the OEM air suspension only allows adjustment in the rear. I definitely did get an alignment after lowering for sure. The toe needed the most adjustment according to my shop.
Great....Thanks! Ordered the links last night so now it's just a waiting game!
Old 07-02-2018, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Great....Thanks! Ordered the links last night so now it's just a waiting game!
If you got the air mattic links like I did, they shipped super fast for me. I think it was only a couple of days for transit to me in California. Install is super easy and can be done in the driveway assuming you have some calipers or other measuring tool. Just take your time popping off the OEM links and follow the directions on which to make shorter and which to make longer and you shouldn't have any issues.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Location: Vancouver, BC w/ a 2018 SQ5 Technik, FULLY loaded. Wow, you can really put a lot of info in here!
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I am assuming this is the site? I only see kits for Q7. Is our kit the same?

https://www.airmatic-lowering-links....volution-kits/
Old 07-02-2018, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

I purchased here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AUDI-SQ5-B9...19.m1438.l2649

I believe that's your ride cmoore86 as one of the pics.
Old 07-02-2018, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SQuirelly5
I am assuming this is the site? I only see kits for Q7. Is our kit the same?

https://www.airmatic-lowering-links....volution-kits/
Same website but they havent updated it to show the SQ5 kit. You have to email or...

I purchased here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AUDI-SQ5-B9...19.m1438.l2649

I believe that's your ride cmoore86 as one of the pics.
These are definitely from the same place. And yup that's my car! But I sold the Brixton's. 10.5 wide with offset of 24 front/20 Rear was a little too much poke for my tastes. Will have new wheels in a couple weeks.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Location: Vancouver, BC w/ a 2018 SQ5 Technik, FULLY loaded. Wow, you can really put a lot of info in here!
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks. I am SO on the cusp of doing this. The issue for me is that vehicle mods are like crack cocaine for me lol. One of the reasons that I bought this car was I was thinking I would leave it alone, and I worry that I wont stop at just one mod. Having said that, this is screaming out to be done, IMO.
Old 07-31-2018, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered a set of links from Airmatic. I looked under the car though and don’t see where they’d go. Vendor says I won’t even have to remove the wheels. Just put car in ‘wheel change’ mode.

Can someone confirm these will definite fit a 2018 new SQ5. How big are they? I thought they were just several inches long, and the parts they replaced were black plastic looking things. Where should I be looking? It also looks like some of the many arms are attached with specialized bolts (look like large male torx bolts).

Quick Reply: SQ5 - Lowering Air Suspension Equipped