Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Top View Camera Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Just a quick update -
During my latest conversation with Audi Customer Experience this week, they confirmed that the fix is currently due to be released this first quarter of 2018. It should be a simple, quick software update & probably can be done without having to leave the car (YMMV - depending on your dealer). Your dealer should have what is known as a "PSS" (Pending Service Solution) list for this issue (as well as other widespread ones - like the squealing brakes on the Q7). Make sure you're on that list so they will call you when the fix is released.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Soon" can't came soon enough

Originally Posted by Cadx6
Just a quick update -
During my latest conversation with Audi Customer Experience this week, they confirmed that the fix is currently due to be released this first quarter of 2018. It should be a simple, quick software update & probably can be done without having to leave the car (YMMV - depending on your dealer). Your dealer should have what is known as a "PSS" (Pending Service Solution) list for this issue (as well as other widespread ones - like the squealing brakes on the Q7). Make sure you're on that list so they will call you when the fix is released.
Thanks for all the info on this thread - very helpful. I am experiencing the same issue on my 2018 SQ5. Not that it helps, but I can confirm the above - my dealer confirmed there is a PSS for this issue with an expected software update "soon." I am on the list to receive the update thanks to this thread. It can't come soon enough for me since the camera seems to revert to the graphic at the worst possible times!
Old 04-10-2018, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Not to cause any undue excitement, but I have mine in for service and they told me they're applying a software update (TSB 201173200) that might fix the top-down camera issue. It also required them "recalibrating" the cameras. I should be getting the car back in a day or so, and will try to respond here if it "sticks" for more than a few days.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by xankriz
Not to cause any undue excitement, but I have mine in for service and they told me they're applying a software update (TSB 201173200) that might fix the top-down camera issue. It also required them "recalibrating" the cameras. I should be getting the car back in a day or so, and will try to respond here if it "sticks" for more than a few days.
This would be terrific! I talked to my service advisor just late last week and he said there's still no update, but perhaps this has just landed? I don't know where to look up a particular TSB - a quick Google search didn't yield anything useful. Fingers crossed this'll do it!
Old 04-10-2018, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jsilas
This would be terrific! I talked to my service advisor just late last week and he said there's still no update, but perhaps this has just landed? I don't know where to look up a particular TSB - a quick Google search didn't yield anything useful. Fingers crossed this'll do it!
Agreed, crossing fingers here too.

On a related note, it would have been nice if there was a way to trigger the top down view without having to place the car in reverse first (unless I'm missing something obvious). Would be great if I could pull forward into a tight space and be able to see the same view!
Old 04-10-2018, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Spoke to my Audi dealer in Plano TX. Have appointment for Wednesday morning, leaving car off at 7AM. They checked with a technician today and that person thinks this referenced TSB should solve the issue. They are putting me in a car. So time will tell once I get is back later that day, after some time of course. Will update accordingly.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TomTX
Spoke to my Audi dealer in Plano TX. Have appointment for Wednesday morning, leaving car off at 7AM. They checked with a technician today and that person thinks this referenced TSB should solve the issue. They are putting me in a car. So time will tell once I get is back later that day, after some time of course. Will update accordingly.
please do! I’ll gladly drive up there instead of deal with the Audi Dallas goons. Last time they serviced my car they effed up my bumper and tried to get me to not notice it. ******
Old 04-10-2018, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NeedMoreHP

please do! I’ll gladly drive up there instead of deal with the Audi Dallas goons. Last time they serviced my car they effed up my bumper and tried to get me to not notice it. ******
I'll provide contact info at that dealer once I know the issue has been resolved. At first was told the TSB and VIN need to be unique to each other, so they didn't think it was applicable. But pressed them, and they spoke with a technician who then said it looks hopeful after looking at the referenced TSB ...so they said when can I bring the car in for their assessment.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Further to my earlier post, got my Q5 back from the dealer. Was told the referenced TSB above could not be applied to my VIN. Was told that TSB has specific VINs that it is applicable to, and mine does not show up, so they said it won't accept its application. Their testing did show and I quote the paperwork: "a sporadic disruption fault in the optical data bus for display in the instrument cluster. Updated the 5F control module for SVM specified actual. Back-up camera no longer glitches."

Well they thought it was fixed. Only temporarily. When they brought the car up I started it, and it immediately went to "graphic" not "camera." Service manager sat with me in the car, and we cycled it on/off, and it then worked fine. Came home and let it sit an hour or so and tried it...graphic. Another hour, same result.

Contacted the service writer with this disappointing news. Their next step is to get Audi Engineering involved. Maybe a hardware issue was thrown out there as a possibility.

Those with this issue may want to check with their dealer to find out if the above referenced TSB can be applied to their vehicle/VIN.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi folks I'm having this annoying issue as well just got my car two weeks ago Can someone please tell me what TSB stands for and where I can find the details of the issue? I'd like to get this fixed at the dealer as it makes my 360 camera not really worth it. I drove at Chevy equinox as a rental this week and their 360 camera worked perfect so this is quote annoying!

Last edited by Tdotq5; 04-12-2018 at 08:55 AM.

Quick Reply: Top View Camera Issue